Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Need template for VS 2008 C# Express

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am unable to get template installed for VS 2008 C# Express. How do I get it installed?

Thank you.

Geo Massar
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 03:10 Edited at: 1st May 2010 03:15
KawaGeo

After installing the toolkit, do you not see the templates available under your 'New Project' dialog?

If this is happening, it's possible that the DarkGDKApplication.zip file has been installed in the incorrect Templates folder. If you look at your Documents/Visual Studio 2008/Templates folder, there should be a Visual C# folder which contains the ZIP file. If it's not there, this will be the reason why you cannot see your templates.

Can you examine your HD and tell me what you see in the Visual Studio 2008/Templates folder?

Paul.

[EDIT] To clarify, your Templates will be located under the C:/Users/[Your User Profile]/Documents/Visual Studio 2008/Templates folder for Windows Vista and Windows 7.

For XP, it's under C:/Documents and Settings/[Your user Profile]/My Documents/Visual Studio 2008/Templates

KawaGeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Paul, for reply.

I found it already in the Templates folder. It is ...2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\DarkGDKApplication.zip

Somehow, the template was shown in the New Project dialog after I posted earlier. Anyway, after launching the template, I hit F6 key to buitd first to see if I got any errors without changing a single chaacter. Behold, lots of errors I got. Most sez DarkGDK (in the using caluse) was missing.

I tried one of tutorials that came with the package, GettingStarted, and I got no error. It displayed World spinning with "Hello World" across.

Maybe it was a bad template?

Geo (short for George)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:34:23