Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / Simple fix to Runtime error 5104

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I used this method as a last resort not expecting it to work.

1. Back up your levels/maps in C:/Program Files/The Game Creators/FPS Creator.
2. Go back to C:/Program Files and delete the WHOLE game creator file.
3. Find the installer/disc you used, and open the setup. When prompted, click repair and let that finish.
4. After repair has finished, go back to C:/Program Files/The Game Creators and copy the FPS Creator folder to my documents.
5. From now on, to open FPS Creator go to My Documents/FPS Creator/FPSCreator.exe

This fixed it for me. Whenever I open the one in C:/Program Files/The Game Creators it gives me that error. Whenever I open the one in my documents it works fine. Dont forget to place your backed up levels into the my documents FPS Creator, and always save your levels into the my docuements version.

Tell me if this worked for you
AceEvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alotfor the help! FPSC now works like a charm!

For those of you with model packs, here is what you do:
Delete the Program Files "The Game Creator" Folder (or just the FPS Creator folder if you have other TGC programs). reinstall it, and when prompted choose "repair". After installation is complete, install the model pakcs. When that is done, copy the TGC and FPSC folders to "My Documents". Do not install the model packs and just copy thier folders, if you try that the weapons/enemies have no effect. I tried this and enemies didn't move, and weapons were not equipable.

Thank you once again for the info!
Fluffymodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 15:35
Hi

I have totally unistalled fpsc and would like to install as you said. Do i install the model packs one by one or must i just transfer the contents to the newly created fpsc folder in my documents?

Please help, i have been suffering with this program for 3 days!

Thanks!
ravendawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2011 19:26 Edited at: 11th Mar 2011 19:12
Runtime error 5104 is actually related to missing DLL files. So, in order to come up with a runtime error repair, you need to re-register the registry list. First, you need to click start-run. Then, type in regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dllfile, and restart your computer. In case you can’t find the specific file on your computer, try downloading it from the Internet and put it in its rightful place.

For more help regarding missing dll, follow this article: How to fix missing dlls

Lurk before you leap...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:52:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:52:43