Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DarkGDK] LimbPosition functions not updating when object is off screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 02:11
I'm experiencing a problem where dbLimbPosition functions only return accurate data when an object is on screen. It appears that the limb position data is not updated while an object is off camera (even when it hasn't been hidden with dbHideObject).

I found this old post (Jan 2008) which seems to document the problem I'm having.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=121374&b=30

Is this problem scheduled to be fixed?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 22:53
No, because no-one reported it in the bug forum before.
Can you provide an example project containing the problem? (The reasons are explained in my 'Wanted' thread in the GDK forum).

Richaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 21:55
Hi IanM,

I've created an example, which is based on the Vehicle Physics code.
It shows how you can crash your vehicle into a crate object and see the crate object limb position data change as it moves around.
However, you can also use the mouse to rotate the camera and notice how the limb position data remains the same when the crate is not on screen, even when it is still moving.

There is also a DBPro sample (made by someone else) in the forum link I provided above. I guess this shows the bug occuring when using Make Object Box as opposed to loading an X file.

Curiously the vehicle limb positions in my sample do get updated, even when the vehicle is not on screen, it's only the crate that has this problem.
However, in my own main project I have another car model that doesn't have it's limb positions updated when off screen, which is how I noticed the problem in the first place.
So the vehicle in my sample (originally provided in the official Physics sample) is the only object I've ever seen that doesn't seem to have this bug.
I guess the key to fixing it will be working out why the vehicle limb positions get updated even when off screen and all other objects (that I've seen) don't.

I hope this helps to demonstrate the bug. Please let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Richaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 03:18
Hi,

Any luck in reproducing this?

I originally marked the bug as DarkGDK although I believe it occurs in DBPro as well. In fact the link in my original post indicates a particular Dark Physics update may have broke this so hopefully it wont be too hard to track down.

Please let me know how you get on, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:49:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:49:55