Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / [DBPro] Grail Of The Gods ... 18 line Rogue-Like Dungeon Crawler

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2010 18:43 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 18:44
here's a screenshot.
there's a lot of debug text over to the left,
but you can see a snake (and according to messages, it's attacking)
and also a key (that unlocks doors)
greyed-out areas are unexplored (there is a line-of-sight system)
full character display at right, including current weapon and armor,
plus full inventory.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2010 05:38 Edited at: 21st Aug 2010 05:40
here's another one

it shows the "ISO" view,
a treasure chest, a piece of armor, a scroll,
and a big scary Z (Zombie!)
also the inventory is full, i am level 2,
and quite dead (-71 HP)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2010 05:42
Spiffy!

IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2010 06:30
oops...3 months, no updates...and here i am working on something else...

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2010 15:38
Hi IBOL,
Since you bumped this (probably by accident), I thought I'd plug my Online Scoreboard package in case you wanted to add this in (as you mentioned in a previous post on June 19th).
Or if you are working on newer and better games, you may want to keep this in mind.
Anyway here is the TGC forum post about my product:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=174719&b=5.
Cheers.

(\___/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
("_(" help him gain world domination.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2010 17:52
mr_d,
this looks pretty good.
but i have many plug-ins and i NEVER use them... i don't know why...

some questions: (i looked at the link but...)

- do I personally need to host and set up websites for each of my games that i'd want to use with this?

- does the program download its text file and do all the work itself?
or do i (the programmer) need to do ANYTHING other than call those two commands?

- how many options are in that "select what you'd like to do using this drop down box"

- would i need to distribute some additional file or .dll with my programs?

- is there a limit to the number of games i can register?

- could there be support for anything other than scores? like 'achievements'?

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 10:18
Hi IBOL, Thanks for your interest and questions. I'll try to answer as best I can, but I may leave something out; please feel free to ask for further details.

Quote: "do I personally need to host and set up websites for each of my games that i'd want to use with this?"
all scoreboards for your game(s) will be hosted on my site (www.geeksanon.com) - you would use the scoreboard homepage to set-up/create each of your game scoreboards.

Quote: "does the program download its text file and do all the work itself? or do i (the programmer) need to do ANYTHING other than call those two commands?"
depends on how much you want to manage in your own game...it would be possible to just use the 2 commands only, as long as your game doesn't maintain an internal highscores board itself; otherwise you would have to do SOMETHING
extra to maintain your local scoreboard to be in sync with the online one. not sure if i am explaining this clearly enough...
at it's most very basic, your game would need to ask the user their name at the beginning, and then once they finish/die, their score would be posted online by using my tool. they (you, and everyone else) would then need to go online to see the current highscore table for your game. i.e. your game doesn't keep track of any scoreboard but relies on the online one only.

Quote: "how many options are in that "select what you'd like to do using this drop down box""
at the moment only 2: 1 to create a game scoreboard and 1 to delete a game scoreboard. as i expand functionality, this is expected to increase - i am also adding extra functionality through the created game scoreboard pages some functionality will be accessible only to the game creator, and some to the end user.

Quote: "would i need to distribute some additional file or .dll with my programs?"
i have used components that should already be available as standard on Windows PC's, so the only additional file you'd need to distribute apart from your game would be my small app to submit the player name and scores online.

Quote: "is there a limit to the number of games i can register?"
no; with the purchase of my product for the extremely low fee you can register as many games as you want. This is however within reason, and the games will need to be real ones that people play. please see below answer as well.

Quote: "could there be support for anything other than scores? like 'achievements'?"
i am looking to continually expand this product and service based on user requests and feedback. additional "goodies", like achievements, may be developed as a new version and may require an upgrade to be purchased to have access to these extras. you will always have at least the base functionality that existed at the time of your purchase of my product. as i develop this more, you may have access to some new functionality without charge, but this depends on a number of factors, such as, how they are implemented, the development effort to build the new functionality, the popularity and demand of the new functionality, etc., etc., etc.

The Slayer is currently incorporating my tool for his game BRIXOID that he will be submitting to AppUp; you can check out his scoreboard to see how this progresses. He has suggested that I add a player country column that will contain a picture of the flag of the players country, and I plan to implement this "as standard" this week.

Let me know if you'd like to know anything more, or need clarification of any details. Cheers.

(\___/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
("_(" help him gain world domination.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 08:12
well, thanks to mr_d, i am in the process of implementing online high scores into my games.

i did "Diceteroids!" first, as a test, and it works!
(Forum Page)
Download it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:11:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:11:02