Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Audacity Can't Detect My Microphone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 20:15
I'm in the middle of making my sound pack for the x10 revival competition, run by Shadowtroid. I'm on my final stretch, with about 10 sounds to go, and each sound has been planned and has a raw file, so it would only take about one minute to edit and finalize each. But now, when I'm so close, Audacity goes whack. Normally by the input devce volume toggle device, near the top let corner, there is a bubble that shows your input device. But suddenly, it froze and I closed it with Task Manager. Now that bubble is gone, I can't adjust the input volume, and Whenever I record through my microphone nothing comes up, just a recording of silence. I've checked and the cord is not chewed, it's perfectly plugged in, I just don't know what happened but now it dosen't detect my microphone.

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 22:14
Sometimes Audacity resets itself sort of so check to see if its trying to record through the line in and if so, set that to microphone (I believe its a drop-down box). Either that, or you have your microphone plugged in to the actual line in jack (the blue one) and if thats the case then just plug it into the mic jack (the red one).

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 00:45 Edited at: 10th May 2010 00:45
its plugged in correctly,
it is a drop down box but i cant select something new because it disappeared
and the rest i don't understand, weird wording.

oh yeah, this is shadow, and i share computers with cormorant, so yeah.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 15:04
This stinks. I could have really hit it off with the comp. I had a prize for, then this happens. So now Cormorant Sounds is dead. Officially.

...Yeah. Batman. Oh, yeah and
DANADANADANADANADANADANA BATMAN!
cloudy
Years of Service
User Offline
Sometimes my microphone no sound.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 01:59
..Okay.

Can someone lock this thread? I have no need for it, and I'm guessing no one else does.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:43:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:43:56