Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] Tutorial - Scrollbars

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 02:32
The first of many tutorials in a series of GUI design. I'm aware that there are currently several menu systems already out there, this is to give others an idea of how they can make their own or understand how others might have done it. While this may work in DBC, it and the next few chapters are written with DBP in mind.

This tutorial is 5 pages(short compared to my others) but an easy read. It starts by defining the various components of what makes a scrollable window, draws a very basic example, then explains how to control user interaction with the scrollbar.

It's overall purpose is to give a basic understanding of how to create these kind of GUI components, not how to make them look pretty or use them in conjunction with others. At the end of the series, I may write a final chapter which brings everything together into a full menu system, but don't hold your breath.

Please let me know if you find any errors or have suggestions regarding either the code or the explanation. I encourage even the skilled coders to review it as you would be more likely to find any mistakes or offer improvements that could eventually benefit others.

Future chapters:
- Menubar
- Progress meter / loading bar
- Sliders
- Buttons
- Radio Buttons
- Tabs
- Text boxes

Not sure of the order yet, but if I left anything out let me know!

Final Code:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:03:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:03:58