Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Not loading object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just created a compass for my game and I was planning to lock the compass to the screen and rotate it to my characters position to create a sense of direction in it. It's a basic part of the game.

Suddenly the game crashed as soon as I started it. I took it off lock object and soon found out it crashed whenever the compass came into view on the screen. I have no idea what could be doing this.

Here's a render of the compass:

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
No Idea, but I would suggest remaking the model exactly the same and try the new file, to root out any kind of file corruption. Next I would say remove textures to see if that works.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
Dang I hate redoing models. Oh well. I tried the texture thing too. That didn't work either.

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...and soon found out it crashed whenever the compass came into view on the screen."

The symptoms sound like a badly formatted direct x model. Try saving the model in a different 3d app and exporting it to directx or 3ds and see if that helps. This often happens with bad parent child limb relationships as defined by a Frame { template in the direct x file. This also can happen with the animation keys of a directx file because they as well as the frame can deform or animate the mesh data. If the data is translated to an undefined value, you can get a crash. But I'm only speculating as to your problem.

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:29:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:29:01