Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 ingame LAG.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 05:19
I was playing an FPSC x10 game, but it lags alot when several npc's get on the screen. Here are my specs

RAM: 3 gigs ddr2
Video Card: Nvidia 9500 GT, 1 gig ddr2
CPU: 2.80 Ghz single core, rated at a 3.30 ghz

When using FPSC x10 editor are there any ways to fix this, like how to lower textures or overall quality of the games made with it?

TGC = The Game Creators?
or
TGC = The GREAT Creators!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 18th May 2010 16:14
Quote: "ddr2
CPU: 2.80 Ghz single core, rated at a 3.30 ghz"

Well, you might want to get better ram, and a much better CPU.

In the editor, you can click file >> preferences and change the texture quality.

Wiggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 02:06
oah... hummm, I can change the textures, but as far as getting a better CPU and RAM I'd have to say no thanks at the moment, because I just got a new video card and RAM, I'll lower texture quality and see if that helps thanks.

TGC = The Game Creators?
or
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 04:01
Yeah, go with at least a dual core. Return your video card if it's not out of the return time, and buy a 9600 or 9800GT. It should only be about $15 more depending on where you get it. And invest in a few gigs worth of RAM sticks. Maybe $30 can get you an extra 2GB.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
Wiggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 08:35
Darn! I'm 5 days after the return time, oah well lifes no fun if everything plays out the way you want, besides I've got Valves SDK and Unreals UDK that all run perfectly on my computor. I might be able to get anew CPU though when I feel like wasting more money on my comp.... Thanks for all the help you guys.

TGC = The Game Creators?
or
Wiggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 05:27
wait, actually its not the NPC's that slow my game down, it turned out to be the soft particles! I noticed this a bit ago. I was testing a map with soft particles and npc's, so now I know this I wont use so many soft particles and it should run fine
( hopefully )

TGC = The Game Creators?
or
Wiggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 05:30
P.S I'm also going to start using "Mystic Mod" will that help with overall performance such as framerate etc. ?

TGC = The Game Creators?
or
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 18:34
Sorry for the bump :S.

Quote: "And invest in a few gigs worth of RAM sticks. Maybe $30 can get you an extra 2GB."

Nope, notice how he uses 32-bit. 32-bit will only support up to 3.5GB RAM.

Quote: "CPU: 2.80 Ghz single core, rated at a 3.30 ghz"

How is X10 even running? The CPU requirement is at least a 1.8GHz Dual-Core processor man, I think that's what's causing the problem...

Quote: "I'm also going to start using "Mystic Mod" will that help with overall performance such as framerate etc. ?"

Yep, MM increases the resource rate by uncapping the framerate, therefore making it faster, but animations stay the same speed.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Death is a surprise party. Unless, of course...you're already dead on the inside." - John Kramer, SAW III

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:55:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:55:12