Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysics - Some DarkMatter vehicles I finally got working! Demo attached...

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 17:15
Attached is a quick demo of some of the DarkMatter vehicles in action using DarkPhysics (including one of the Tanks).

I'll be tidying up the code for loading the vehicles later and posting it with some explanatory notes and diagrams as it took a while to get it all working nicely and now I think I may be able to help others set their vehicles up a little easier!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 17:33 Edited at: 21st May 2010 17:33
1-
The first thing I found here is that you need to get the bones set up right as described in the help files, but that's fairly easy using DarkMatter vehicles as they are almost set up right anyway.

All I did was open the vehicle up in Fragmotion (but you could use another model editor), and drag the hierarchy of the second bone(x3ds_V_Node) above the first (x3ds_G_Node) then delete x3ds_G_Node:

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 17:38 Edited at: 21st May 2010 17:38
You also need to delete the bone "x3ds_Chasis"

2- Delete all animation data. It's not needed for DP and will increase the size of your game:

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 17:44 Edited at: 21st May 2010 17:44
3- Rotate your model. Select the Transform toolset->Rotate All and set it up as shown below then click "invoke" (don't worry, this doesn't 'invoke' a spell to make magical pixies and gremlins appear as I first feared!):

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 17:48 Edited at: 21st May 2010 17:50
4- Now I scaled the model to suit the parameters in the code I will be posting at the end so trust me on this. Set up the Scale All tool as shown below and click "invoke" twice (You could set it up at a scale of 0.01 but I was afraid of the pixies again and it worked this way for me!):

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 18:03
5- Now export your model in whatever format you like but the voices told me to use "dbo"...

6- Set up code

7- Driving code

Now just so I'm not accused of stealing anyone's code (who would suggest such a thing?), some of this code is directly taken from Lucy's powersliding demo.

I've really just tweaked it to make it easy to adjust one variable in order to change the vehicle's handling for surfaces and added another variable in for drive types (4WD, Front and Rear wheel drive).

Thanks for looking in and I hope this helps someone. I'll be posting some more hints here with diagrams for what some of these setup options actually DO!

The voices say "Post Message"...

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 21:13
Good work baxslash, so it was some of the models that made it look like we did not know what we were doing.

The other voices say "Great Post"...

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 16:44
There's some inconsistency with the DarkMatter cars too where the limb numbers for the wheels are in a different order too so yes, always blame the models!

I like your voices they sound friendlier than mine!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:40:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:40:20