Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkEdit does not work for me in Windows 7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 22:50
Does anyone know how to make Dark Edit work in windows 7? I can run programs from the standard editor, but can you imagine looking at 8000+ lines in that?

If people do not know how to make DarkEdit run in Windows 7, does anyone know of another Editor for DBC that runs in Windows 7? I tried waffles and it would crash after I gave it all the files it asked for, or at least said the db.exe had crashed. I really can't seem to find another editor sitll on the forum. I recall at some point there was an editor you could buy that worked with both DBC and DBpro, but have not been able to find that either.

Also, I am not familiar with setting up something like notepad++ or anything, but if I really have to, I suppose I would.

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 01:03
Dark Edit works fine for me in Windoze 7. What is the problem? Is it simply not showing up for you?
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 02:37
when I try to compile of execute, it minimizes, but the program will not start. If I expand DarkEdit after, it says "error running code" and that's it.

I saw mention of this problem Here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152217&b=10
halfway down or so.

but I really don't understand what the solution was.

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 02:59
A couple things to check:

-Make sure that the preferences are pointing in the right directory for the DB.exe
-The code is not an "untitled.dba" (the file should be saved)
-Compatibility mode for XP (that probably wont do anything, but it's worth a try.)]

If all else fails, you can try TDK's DarkIDE.
pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 07:27 Edited at: 22nd May 2010 07:28

Make sure these settings are set up right in the editor ^^^

To get to this settings menu and fix them
1) Open darkedit
2) go to edit and the last option on the list "edit options"
3) then click the darkbasic options tab and set them to the right directories and what not. should look something like mine above.

These are my suggestions considering i won on windows 7 too and it still works for me.

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 07:40
Dark Edit sets its default directory to the Dark Basic Software folder. For people like me who bought the program after they made the switch the TGC, I would have to change it. But Bizar Guy probably got it a while back, so I'm not sure if that is the problem. But it is worth a try...
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 19:13
Thank you both very much! It is working now

pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha no problem. glad to hear it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:18:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:18:56