Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Bumpie Cars-FULL SOURCE INCLUDED

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 00:41 Edited at: 21st Sep 2003 00:42
Well it is in a very primitive state but here is a download link.
http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/sfd/bumpiecars.rar
Bugs and errors report to me.Also, I am working on this game, but feel free to change it and make your own out of it...(please keep me outta the credits ) Any advice especially with how to keep the game nice and fast would be appreciated. So here is some essential info:
First you need to run the main.dba source code(or .exe if compile one), choose a car and click start game. You must choose the first car, since the other two will not demonstrate properly. Later i will make the main.dba/.exe run the other sp.dba/.exe once you click start game. What happens is when u click start game a file is made which tells sp.exe/.dba what car u chose and what special effects to use, I haven't even finished car 1's effects so the other cars will be crappy in gameplay please choose the first. So, after running the main.dba run sp.dba to play thge game.What I would appreciate is if you guys improved the sp.dba by making proper lighting do not disturb the spheres they will later be used by the aliens as waypoints. If you done that, then go angelfire.com, my usrname is:crazy/sfd, and pswrd:gogogo so upload your .dba nd tell us about it...thanks and good luck to all..

-john D.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 17:34
i would be gratefull for some opinions you know...

-john D.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 20:47
post screen shots and compress it as a .zip file, i'm not use that winrar program!

Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 23:20
winRAR is better than winzip, whats so hard all you need to do is download and install. Also, I'd rather you looked at the code than the screenshots...

-john D.
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
screenies

Nice Gun... AHH! He's Gotta Gun!

FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 00:32
Yah, screenies first, download later

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 20:30
First of all the menu screen is too slow, waaay too slow (7fps), lower the resolution. In the actual game, the only thing I could figure out what to do was go around and collide into the aliens. Im not sure what I was meant to do. The car was very slow, although the frame rate was ok (60fps), also the car was very very bright, almost completely white.

Looks like a good start, but theres a long way to go until its a complete game.

Brains are for idiots.

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 21:37
WOW!!!!An actual response! thanks man I have fixed some things but i dont get a bright car with my PC.Who cares though..let me make the game and then we'll see...besides you have the code maybe you can fix it.I agree totally that this is not much of a game,but I'm in no hurry.If other people appear interested I will upload a new version which basically is the same only with bugs fixed.

-john D.
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 22:29
People (like me) aren't downloading until you post a screenshot, stop complaining about lack of repsonses and do it.

[url][/url]
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 22:57
fine listen the reason I dont post screen is that there's nothing(except the menu which graphically is good) in game to show yet..just 1 car, 2 aliens, a sky and matrix.Mazin huh?

-john D.
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 23:10
Then why post a demo? If there isnt enough to warrant a shot (there are exceptions to this, but not in your case) there is most likely no point in posting a demo... I dont wanna seem mean, but you are complaining, when you expect people to spend time downloading and testing something that isnt even good enough (or complete enough) to shot a shot of...

[url][/url]
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 23:12
this is not a demo.Take it or dump or just never touch it, this is simply what I have done.

-john D.
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 23:18
K, I'll leave it then, I was simply offering advice... but you've lost alot of potential downloaders... bye!

[url][/url]
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 23:26
bye

-john D.
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 20:25
the bright car problem comes from Patch 5 -> set object diffuse