Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Problem with executables,help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have created an exe file from a dba, but when i run it, a window with two options appears, one is visit darkbasic homepage and the other is exit to windows.
Anyone knows why this happens?
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 00:46
1. You are using the trial version which displays that DBPro logo screen after every .exe compiles finishes running.

2. You have no kind of waiting or looping that lets the user do or see anything, so your code runs and the .exe closes immediately.

If these complete guesses are not right, please give more information about the program you are trying to compile, a listing perhaps.
dargor
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this isn´t a trial version, i bought it last weekend, it has two cd´s, one with the program files and another with fonts,manuals, demos and utilities, and in the box doesn´t appear anything about trial version.

TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 09:52
Do this:

If This does not work, then please give us more information about what you are trying to do and what you are doing. Maybe some code.

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
dargor
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I´m sure this is not a trial version, because i have patched it to version 1.13, i can´t test the snippet now because i have patched it but i can´t obtain a spanish language patch of version 1.13

DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 12:29
I had a problem with my .exe file once, when i ran it outside of DarkBASIC 1.12 it had a window tell me it was too big! still don't understand why. any help would be nice. Thanks.

HellGuardian

My computer system: AMD Duron 1.3GHz, 256MB RAM, Trident 3D Blade, Savage Sound, 40GB Hard drive.
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 13:43
Just because you updated DB to varsion 1.13 doesn't mean that you don't have the trial. It can be updated no mather if it's trial or not.
The message you tell about is similare to the one I got in the trial version. But why the hell put a trial in a boxed version. Try contacting the DB programmers.

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
dargor
Years of Service
User Offline
I have read an spanish forum, and i have read that the spanish version, is a lite version, it has all options except the option of create an exe file, that could be the problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:12:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:12:28