Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tanks Alot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 18:39 Edited at: 9th Jun 2010 21:00
Back to Life:
27/5/2010
Brief: It's been about one year since this project ended, and I was angry I couldn't get the online part to work due to connection problems, but now i'm more experienced. So me and my fellow team mate Chris have decided to pick this project up again, and give it a good re-vamping! This project is now being done in c++ and DBP

--Tanks Alot--

-Old version Video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqW25NwmXgk

-------Development Blog---------
Latest Update
9-6-2010
Implemented PHP scripts to load server data into the game, along with adding the information onto the MySql data base when clicking the host button. Also added php script to remove a selected server from the database

4-6-2010
Preparing PHP scripts for uploading server data along with downloading server data, still a good amount of work to do on this from removing specific servers to sorting server listings and optimizing memory management for this.
2 of the PHP scripts are completed and working, uploading servers, and downloading server lists. Next step removing servers then fully integrating the system into the engine.

-Old Updates-

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 03:40 Edited at: 28th May 2010 03:40
Cool, The older version looks good, so I cant wait to see the newer revamp.......

Multiplayer? .......................ooooooooooooooo..ahhhhhhhhhh..Multiplayer features........

Lol, Keep this up, I really want to see this done, looks reall cool.

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 20:42
Good luck dude. I remember this project. Makes me want to get back to making tank games, because tanks are sweet. If you get the online sorted I'll play.

You say you're using C and DBP? Are you making plugins for speed critical parts or something?
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 22:01
looks awesome! can't wait to see the progress

Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 18:19
I was really hoping to have more done by now, so I could show off something graphical in this post hence my wait (showing off will have to wait)

Dark Dragon > multi player? Yep, the games mostly going to be based on that side of things and depending on the time scale I might throw in a single player campaign to take over the world.

Dr Tank > Like-wise I remember some of your cool projects , I look forward to playing against you. The finished game will be in c++, but game tools are still being kept as DBP. My choice for this is for speed for the final game, and ease of creation for the tools using dark basic.

Hassan > Thanks, encouragement is always welcomed ^-^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:47:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:47:21