Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Tips for increasing Framerate?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 10:48
I have a 2.4ghz Quad core, 9800GX2 Gpu and 8gb 800mhz DDr2 Ram, yet on the simplest of levels there are moments when my games become jerky and slow.

I have tried making many corners in my levels as the manual suggests as it won't render around corners. I also try to put in many doors.

However in my current project I am using a lot of the cave segments from model pack 43 (i think), and they take up a lot of processing power.

Back in the days of x9 i heard that there was a way to only paint one side of a segment, how would i go about doing this? If i build a floor piece on the outside of the segment it takes it away, but as soon as i remove the floor piece it goes back on.

Apart from that, could anyone suggest any other ways of increasing performance. (I am not using dynamic lights and most of my objects are static).

Thanks ^.^
Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 12:26
im not sure if this would improve performance but have u completly updated, this might fix issues between software and graphics card that could possibly be causing slowdowns, also are u using roof pieces or do u have open sky, cause i find that open sky slows my games down a bit.

Najoko Entertainment
Toffeemouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 23:28
No i always encase my segments, my fpsc is fully updated and i have the latest graphics card drivers.

i will post some screenshots of my levels shortly :Z
midgetz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 04:13
another thing you can do is get rid of all the shadows, but it would make the game look kinda crappy

In Soviet Russia, video game plays you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:59:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:59:27