Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Dark Basic Classic, Windows 7 and stereo 3D: does it work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that, in order to run Dark Basic Classic programs with Vista and Windows 7, you need to copy the file d3drm.dll to c:\windows\system32 for 32bit OS versions, and to c:\windows\sysWOW64 for 64 bit OSs. But will Dark Basic Classic programs also work in stereoscopic 3D (either with the iz3D drivers or the nVidia 3D Vision suite) with those systems? During the years I made some DBC programs that I'd hate to be forced to run in one-eyed mode after I switch to Windows 7...
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 14:35 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 14:36
I don't know much about the various 3D viewing methods, but I think the answer is yes.

DBC runs on Windows 7 if, as you say, you have the d3drm.dll with the exe or in the appropriate folder. DBC uses DirectX, whose 3D mesh data and graphics output can be intercepted by the IZ3D anaglyph drivers and modified to give a true red-blue 3D view of the world on screen. I can't find out if IZ3D have them working on Windows 7, but I imagine they would have by now.

Hope this helps!

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."
Devil Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 22:06 Edited at: 5th Jun 2010 22:07
I asked this in the MTBS forum, and the answers I received were negative:
Quote: "Hmm.. I tried this out but I really don't know. Well one of the games you linked was a 2D game and I couldn't figure out the controls anyway. The other game (the last starfighter) had some success. Well the Nvidia driver was at least able to inject and the 3d hotkeys worked. IZ3D did not hook into the game. However even with the Nvidia driver I am not sure what I was seeing was 3D. I think cause the game had a flat background or something. But it didn't really appear 3D to me. Maybe it would work better with like a FPS type game, I don't know. This was on Vista 32-bit with the 197.45 Nvidia driver."

and
Quote: "Win 7, Acer 235 NVidia 3D Vision. Neither game comes up in 3D; cool games though!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:32:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:32:28