Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Simple Pac-Man Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering if anybody could help me.

I have been asked to create a simple pac-man game which includes a menu, scoring and sound ... however i am new to this darkbasic. I have only just been set this assignment and it is in for next tuesday.

I understand the basics of the coding, but i do not know how to incorporate background sounds or create a menu which will allow the user to start the game, end the game and pause the game.

Any feedback would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you x
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 16:14 Edited at: 11th Aug 2010 22:10
If i remember correctly, there's a couple of tutorials on making Pac-Man styled games on the boards.

Edit #1: Pac-Man Tutorial

Edit #2: Oh well, beaten finding the link

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 16:16 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 16:16
At the bottom of any thread is a search box. Type in PACMAN and you will find all kinds of threads relating to it. It is best to expend the effort to search for an answer first before posting.

You didn't specifically state if you are using DarkBASIC Classic or DarkBasic Professional, or even DarkGDK. I found a thread that is a tutorial using DarkBASIC Pro and includes some media:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93103&b=1

Good luck with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:09:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:09:11