Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [Tech Demo 2010][X9][Fenix Mod] Darkest Day On Russia

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 20:20 Edited at: 5th Jun 2010 20:32
Darkest Day On Russia

Developed By:
Coltfang, Force 3D

Storyline:

You are Jonathan Gerkov,an employee of the Gar market, you live in Russia, since the \"Fat\" exploded in Moscow, you live in a loading bay, underneath the ground,all the countries in the world are invaded by uVe Soldiers,part of the new world\'s politic,along with the arrival of the \"fat\" many people started to have a sort of \"Flew\", as there were no doctors left or in-service, the people infected died in some hours...Your family had this flew, thank god that your neighbor was a doctor, he started to examing the virus and uncovered, that the FAT was the maker of this virus,it was one of the many second damages, along with death, and then finally mutations on cells,people started to die arround you, and after some hours, they woke with death eyes, the doctor, his family,you and your friends went to the loading bay, you wanted to go with your family, but the doctor said it was \"too\" dangerous, you tried to explain that maybe his family was different, but in the inside you know its not true, soon they i\'ll die and wake up as the new world orders habitants...

Background:
I took inspiration from lots of games for this "Tech Demo" showing only a part of the game, how will it look..just like looking screenshots but with "Interactivity"

Screenshots:

Download Link:
Demo Link

----------------------------------

Recommended System Specs:
AMD/INTEL Dual Core or higher, 512MB DDR2 GPX Card or higher, 2GB RAM or higher, Vista/Windows7 OS, 1024x768 Resolution / Higher Resolution may not be fully supported
To fully know, run "Can This Computer run FPSC-Games?" DBO Software

Minium Specs / Not recommend:
The Demo may not preform as intended
Duo core 1Gb

Octavio9mm[At]Hotmail[Dot]Com

Credits:
*Inside the game Folder*

REMINDER: THIS DEMO DOESNT HAVE ENEMIES ITS JUST FOR YOU ALL TO SEE THE ENVIROMENTS

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 20:24
Cool. I don't see why specs are needed though, you just need to know the FPSC specs.

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
greysword
Years of Service
User Offline
cool im downloading it and tell you my review after
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 21:42
nice job, as always

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 23:31 Edited at: 5th Jun 2010 23:32
This looks brilliant ColtFang, but I can't run the game, and I assume it's Vishnu. See the attached image to see the problem . This does looks promising and I'd like to see more soon (yes I'm looking at your WIP thread too ).

-SSG

--=. ,=--

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 23:48
Very nice Colt Fang but if you no longer need me for the game as a 3D Modeler and Texture artist then I have other things to focus on... So just email me if you need any more help. Thanks!

P.S. the game is awsome!

- Gorlock
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@SikaSina Games :- This is not an vishnu issue as he not packed the game in vishnu just released the game with the packer in the folder.

@ColtFang :- Game looks good hope to see more.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 04:09
Played the demo and it was great!!! How did you get that reflection off the piles of water? Anyways it was to easy to get out of the map...

- Gorlock

Attachments

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 20:04 Edited at: 6th Jun 2010 20:08
Quote: "@SikaSina Games :- This is not an vishnu issue as he not packed the game in vishnu just released the game with the packer in the folder."

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up s4 . I'll try again in a sec as I didn't restart my PC due to the fact that I was revising too and couldn't be asked to go back to the sites again .

-EDIT-Still the same error, shall I create a fakey of the DLL or will it create more problems?

-SSG

--=. ,=--
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 23:52
Seems to be a Windows 7 problem, as I got the same error. Downloading the dll didn't fix the error either.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz, 2.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz, ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 00:05
*headdesk* I thought 7 was an improved duplicate of Vista, so why won't it work? And that was rhetorical .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 09:44
I ran the game with the dll and it worked fine.

Thumbs up Coltfang! Expecting more stuff from you.

Abdul Ahad
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 13:10
But does the DLL install in the SYSTEM directory or is it supposed to be installed by another thing?

-SSG

--=. ,=--
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 15:56 Edited at: 7th Jun 2010 19:13
I just played the tech demo 3 times on my Windows 7 PC and everything worked perfectly. Here is my review.

The Good:
- How the hell did you manage to make everything look so "real"??? Because that's what it does.
- Beautiful skybox that really fits the scene
- Perfect fog. Doesn't look artificial in any way but really natural. Like it's 6 am on a misty day.
- Realistic looking segments. I don't think I have seen these before and if you made them yourself - grats!

The Bad:
- Complete lack of lights & shadows. Even where the lamps are lit there is no "light".
- Minor errors like a barrel going through a wall corner or a gap in the floor.
- Repetetive use of objects. 2 identical trees, 2 identical raod blocks, 2 identical swings, 2 identical antennas....each time neatly side by side with exactly the same orientation. The "couple" of rad signs right at the start even looked a little funny.

The Ugly:
-Water shaders. Yes, bond1's water shaders are terribly cool but they just don't fit this scene (at least not with that shadowless cloudy atmosphere). The really do look like the're used because the're cool

On my personal demo-scale its a solid 4 of 5 and I'd call it "darn impressive"

On a side note: There is nothing wrong with a monsterless tech-demo. On the contrary, without distraction it's much easier to judge the maps potential.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh, coltfang, I see you are using my nice water, thanks! I shall test this one out!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
actually...im using mp38 puddle..

thank for the comments!!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 04:21
I played through it once, andl loved it, the arrows could have had nicer textures though. the level design was amazingly done, and the fog was perfect! I liked it all except this big mistake

when those water towers fell, they must've been suspended in mid-air.

Also, I noted that most of the buildings and other things looked exactly the same, this can be corrected, but it's probably best if you focus the player's attention on other things like monsters.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Right, so I normally don't download many games the community has made (normally because of the large file size), but this one actually appealed to me. So I downloaded it, and here's my review:

The Good:

-Great level design. Some of the best I've ever seen with FPS Creator.

-Realistic feeling, not many games can do this, but the fog and mixture of level design really made this believable.

-Good character AI.

The Bad:

-Game is poorly optimized. It takes forever to load, and in some areas it lags quite a bit. It's not my system because I can run Crysis, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, etc.

-Everything seemed kinda repetitive.

And oddly, your game required a few DLL's that I didn't apparently have installed, can't remember what they were called but I never get asked this with other FPS Creator games.

I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 16:06
Did you download the DLLs manually crispex?

-SSG

--=. ,=--
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 17:48
The dlls are attached.

Abdul Ahad

Attachments

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 18:41
Ah, cheers .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 20:34
Quote: "Good character AI"

did I miss that somewhere?

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "-Good character AI."

It was definately awesome! j/k

Anyway,

Nice work, i already talked with u on msn about this . Keep this up!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont understand... whatAI.. is that sarcasm?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no larger than 600 x 120 please
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 23:43
gonna be playing as soon as I get home! This and Euthanasia!

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 03:11
Alright, I gave this a go!

Since its only a map and I can't write a full game test, I give a short "good & bad" review:

The Good

- The whole optics and the textures of the models where all fitting together.

- It had an athmospheric wet look. Almost rainy. Pretty vivid for fpsc.

- Kinda large

- I liked the large buildings in the background.

The Bad

- Loads of Models where misplaced or stuck in walls or a fence. (Like flying grass etc.)

- It was way too repetitive...you used the same models over and over and over again...wouldn't have been bad to add some variety

- See attached

Summary: A good FPSCreator outdoormap, that can be a potential athmospheric Addition for an Post Apocalyptic Game.

Keep it up!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!

Attachments

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 07:52
@Wolf, did you get my e-mail...?

Sorry Coltfang to spam your thread, but I needed to get a hold of Wolf real quick

But to counter the spam, I played it... The graphics were very very good. The environment was crisp, and seemed humid, or naturally foggy. However, like Wolf noted, there was repetetiveness with some entities and textures. Try to add more variety

-PwP-

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 09:38 Edited at: 19th Jun 2010 16:31
Wow... this looks pretty cool! Too bad I get about 1fps when I try to run it

[EDIT Got it to work once I divided the texture size in half... nice work, the ups and downs where pretty much just what everyone else said, so yeah. Still awesome, though

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:18 Edited at: 19th Jun 2010 22:18
I think it was a great demo overall, very good level design. I don't think the use of models was repetitive, if you were in an industrial environment, well you will see the same machines and stuff over and over again.
Something seems to be missing though...and you know what it is? Ambient sound. A simple ambient sound will change it completely. Even if it's just blowing wind or background noise, it will make all the difference. Right now, it's unnaturally quiet. Include it, even if it sounds a little loud, it will make a big difference.

^^My Portfolio^^
DELMIrus
Years of Service
User Offline
Interior game bears no resemblance to Russia.
An entirely different architecture of buildings. On reference standard buildings.
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Типовые_серии_жилых_домов

Use the image search Google.

Sorry for my English.

Good luck.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
The city is Fictional, sorry to say that
and i made this so it was kinda of a bay area, so nothing that you can complain about, and those buildings are apartments, i ask, why an apartment would be looking at a bay area

Its all fictional, and its abandoned, so no updates are going to be made (for now is abandoned)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:23:18