Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DGDK] Opening Mozilla FireFox while rendering turns GDK window black and crush

Author
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 13:10 Edited at: 6th Jun 2010 13:11
i found out about this a few weeks ago however i thought it was cause of the current debug session , but now im working on something diffrent and the problem acour once again.

the problem:

running Debug on VC++ 2008 express , the application loads up and the render starts, so far so good.

when moving away from the render window, not closing it , just moving to a diffrent window or the desktop everything again work, but once i open Mozilla FireFox
-------------------------------
Mozilla Firefox version = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; he; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
-------------------------------

the render window turns black and after a couple of seconds i get a VC++ Accsess violation i have already fixed the memory leaks caused by some of the commands in DarkGDK such as dbSTR, so im guessing the problem is with FireFox memory and pherhaps visual calculation that may use DirectX , however that is not so possible.
so pherhaps its becouse im using Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox is using the Alpha Channels Windows 7 uses that may cause some violation on the GPU ram , however all that i have wrote are just assamptions and to tell the truth i have no idea what im talking about .. lol i jsut want to fix it.

my Specs:
Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit.
Quad 6600
4 GB Ram
G-Force 9600 GT

DirectX 2010 Februar SDK - using a DirectPlay Dummy lib it works.
anything else i should mention or forgot?

DarkGDK Version :the latest on the 7.4a posts at the DarkGDK forum.

pls help.

btw , if i open Internet Explorer the render window works fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:16:13