Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark AI: Adding Obstacles During the Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 10:42
So, I know the help file says many times not to do this, but it seems to work great for me. When you build a building in my game, I immediately set up the object for Dark AI so it will be recognized as an obstacle. I don't seem to notice any significant slow-down other than maybe a slight, temporary drop in FPS. Should I be worried about using this command, or is there a better way to do what I'm doing?
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, If it is working for you then don't worry about it. But just a few seconds ago after reading your post, I thought about making the buildings you create in your game neutral entities, and disable movement and turning on the building so it wouldn't move or look around, this would allow you to add buildings dynamically (without slowdowns) with your other objects going around them as if it were an obstacle . Funny how I never thought of this until I read your post .

The Pokemon Engine is still alive.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 07:11 Edited at: 8th Jun 2010 07:11
Hahaha. Yeah, I thought of that I think but it sounded wrong or something. But you're right, it probably would work. Thanks!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 13:21
Yea it works fine for me too. The reason it says that it's not supported is probably because it can cause minor bugs (i don't know?)

However if you add an obstacle on an ai entity, it will automatically try to avoid it and move away from the obstacle.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:13:56