Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / PIG Rescue - Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 07:59
I released a early preview/demo of my forthcoming game PIG Rescue (still under heavy development )

Pig Rescue will be a fast paced and funny "save the piggies" 3D action game, that will feature different levels with different scenery and gaming approach, so that each game sequence will be a small game for itself.

How to play and additional informations:
- Use the arrow keys, joystick or gamepad to control El Piguèro
- Use the CTRL or B firebutton to jump
- F12 to quit while playing a level
- ESC (as usual) to quit to Windows
- +/- to zoom the camera view in/out
- The menu has only the difficulty level and the START GAME options working.
All others are in development
- Requires DirectX 8.1 (realized with Dark Basic Professional version 1.04 - P4.1)

Your aim:
- Rescue 25/50/100 piggies and try to not let the piggies die (amount of piggies to be saved
depend on the difficulty level).

You earn 2 seconds for each rescued piggy and you lose 4 seconds if a piggy dies.
The game starts with 30 seconds left.

Feedback, critics and bug reports always welcome...

I wish you a happy PIG rescue ... cheers

Download and informations about PIG rescue on http://www.thunderblast.de/DarkBasic

Thunderblast Software Studios
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
whoa that looks pretty impressive i look forward to playing it.

[href]www.vapournet.com/~flyer[/href]
alphabit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 14:51
Thank you

The current version has been updated to 0.6.5d (probably the last for a while).

Here some additional screenshots of the game.

Informations and download on http://www.thunderblast.de/DarkBasic, projects -> PIG Rescue or directly from the news section.

Enjoy and have fun

cheers

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2003 18:37
Just wanted to say that this game rocks It's very simple but good fun, I liked the way the pigs fell through the ice and left holes you could fall down! Nice one

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
alphabit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 21:17
Thank you Richard, positive feedback always motivates.

There is already a small storyline for the game and the levels have been also designed, but not yet technically realized.

I'm looking forward to implement a bonus system, which should bring up some more fun, new locations and in-between games are also in the make.

Btw. this is the direct download link, maybe it was kinda uncomfortable to step trough some pages on my website prior to download the game.

ZIPped version (about 9mb): http://www.thunderblast.de/Content/downldirect.asp?did=1701

RARed version (about 5mb): http://www.thunderblast.de/Content/downldirect.asp?did=1702

cheers

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
I like it. This concept will take you far!
I couldn't get enough of those silly pig sound effects - my sister loved 'em too.

SQRR-EEEE SQRR-EEEEE SQRR-EEEEEEE

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 17:52
yeah! i hope this great game, with my little "sunday drivers", will start the trend of "funny and playable games", great work!! maybe the best game written in DBPRO.

Free Download for a Free World
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 18:58
Email me when you release a fuller version of this great little game and i'll mention it in the newsletter

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 20:17
This is the right way, Richard.
Let the users of DBPRO or DBC have their space of glory.
We like it!!!

alphabit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 19:13
Ciao Ermes Nice to hear that from you... are u thinkin' about to release a v2 of Sunday Drivers? *gg* still couldn't get stop to play (well I admin, I always was a fan of Mario Carts *s*)

Richard: Thank you for the proposal of mentioning the game in a forthcoming newsletter, I am looking forward to hurry up in the completion of a more playable release (in sense of game depth) and I will email u and let u know asap... *honoured & proud*

And yessss.... it's time to make games that are funny! because we haven't got that much to laugh every day

Ermes: maybe there'll be some room for developing something together in the near future?

Thanks to all of you who have downloaded the game, spent time playing it and, hopefully, had fun...

cheers and 'til soon

Thunderblast Software Studios - Dark Basic http://www.thunderblast.de/DarkBasic

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 20:53 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2003 20:54
i'm very pleased of your offer!!! i guess we can make some "guest star" in our games each others, for now no sunday drivers 2, i'm for alienware compo.

ring my bell if you need something, i'll see if i can help you.I'll make a call to you if i need something.
By the way, how good are you in 3d modelling and animation???

ciao e forza col tuo gioco!!!

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 19:03
first, just to push up this topic, Pig Rescue worths more attention than the upper games/tools/fake topics.

second, alphabit, after testing for some time your demo, i gently suggest you to fit an options to change the control system of the camers, a back view camera will be more usefull to control that damned pig!!

but just an option, the original camera view is more nice to view the game than the one i suggested you.

ciao, Ermes.

alphabit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 20:29
Ermes, thanks for the advices!

I will take care about this and try to post a new demo (0.6.6) within the next days, that will feature 1 or 2 more camera views (maybe an FPS like) and place the current camera settings (zoom in/out) on different keys since some other player told me that it's quite horrible to change the cam view on a notebook

If I'll suceed in this quickly, I also am looking forward to introduce a new theme level... but this is not a promise

heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
alphabit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 21:16
Where do you get the 404? *wonder*