Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Make new 3D segment for FPSX10? how? Anyone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to make a new segment?
I know how to texture it, and now about firma, but I am looking for a way to make my own 3D model on my own.

Would like it to be unique all the way, so just asking.
If anyone knows about something, then please point me in the right direction. Nice to see mysticmod for fspX10 now

Aero Files offers you high quality assets in the FPS Creatore store. Go there now.
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 19:43
Good for you for taking the initiative.

Anyway, you should be able to by creating the mesh for the walls and floor in a 3D modeling program such as Blender, then exporting it as a .X file. Then you need to UV map and texture it, then you need to set up the FPS file accordingly.

That's all I can really help you with honestly, I know all the steps but I'm not much good at any of them.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 20:43
It really is very easy import one of the stock models into your editing program such as blender or my personal favourite MilkShape 3D. Then you just need to edit it keeping the width and height the same so its the right size in FPSC. Then you just need to export as a .X file.
You can easily then just copy the FPE files and create the textures you want using something like UV Mapper and there you go you have your segment ready to use in FPSC.

Hope that helps a bit more.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk, OS installed on solid state drive
Avalonze
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alot guys, will try this out

Aero Files offers you high quality assets in the FPS Creatore store. Go there now.
Avalonze
Years of Service
User Offline
Am using 3D World Studio to make this segment.
How many grids should the model be in order to be a segment?
Or maybe that does not matter?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 18:08
I don't think that 3DWS is the best choice for segment making. You can make full levels with 3DWS and import them, if you would rather use that than the map editor, but you will still need to place dynamic entities and such in the map editor, plus I don't know how well the AI would work with that. For segments use a 3D modeling program, such as Blender, as The Next suggested.

Avalonze
Years of Service
User Offline
Will give blender a try then

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 08:30
i often would say: Milkshape and ac3d

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:10:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:10:55