Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Space Aliens From Space! OST

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 17:08
I haven't posted any of my music here in ages, so I figured I'd throw up a few tracks I have been working on for the "game scene" this year.

Here are two chiptune songs which make up the full soundtrack of Mnemonix' NaGaCreMo entry, which I wrote at the beginning of the year.
01: Title Theme
02: Level Music

As stated, these were composed by request for Mnemonix and are thus not free for use in any commercial project. I'm posting it here for your listening pleasure and to get some long overdue constructive critiscism on it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The idea was to create some retro-style chiptune music to go with the genre of the game. I myself think it turned out pretty well, considering this was my first go at writing such "limited" music.
If you listen close enough, you may also notice that one of the sawtooth voices is a bit "broken"...

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 17:28 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2010 19:21
They are really good actually I don't hear anything wrong with the melodies and harmonies so that's good. The only thing is maybe turn down the volume of the tremelo synth noises just a hair in the first song cause it sounds a little lounder than the rest of the instruments to me, but that's the only real critique I have haha (Remember to play your song at a low volume when it's near finished and if you still hear all the instruments, then it's a good mix)

EDIT: Never mind on the volume thing i listened to it with my monitors and I guess it sounded alright haha

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 21:55
I have no objections to people using them for commercial apps if you do not.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:32:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:32:35