Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Lights do not fade right? [Possible Bug?]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having this problem with my dynamic lights. When I am far away, the lights are visible. As I get closer, they turn off. Then, they start to get brighter as I approach them.

Is there an option or setting in the Setup.ini to fix this? Im currently running 9 static lights and 4 dynamic lights in this one scene. Is this to many for a scene...or to many for a level?

~CC5

Note: Photo attached. The main picture is them "off" and from left to right as I get closer.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
A:Make sure fog range is at 0
b:Make sure your upgrade to V11

Who da man?!
ClickClick5
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm running 1.11(MATURE) and the fog is set to 0. It still does the off-on effect. They are not set to light2 either.

This sucks.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 01:16
Have you tried making a script to make the light only appear when the player is in a certain range?

Logo by The Next
ClickClick5
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have you tried making a script to make the light only appear when the player is in a certain range?"

I'll try that out. It seems like a problem with my location with dynamic lights. The static lights work just fine, it is just the dynamic lights do the weird pop.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 16:26
Quote: "The static lights work just fine, it is just the dynamic lights do the weird pop."

That's because static lights are rendered to the universe object, dynamic lights are rendered during game play. Because of the way that DX handles things, you can only have seven lights working at a time, so you may want to check how many lights you have around the area that it disappears.

Logo by The Next

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:58:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:58:03