Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Update/test error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, so first off I have not one but two problems. A solution to either would be wonderful. Before anyone asks, I do meet all the system requirements. Windows 7, Nvidia 9400gt, directx10, the whole lot.

1: I can't update my fpsc x10. It says "Update aborted, cannot detect installation" or something to that effect. I found a select few posts on this, and they all said to do the "run as administrator" solution. That's not working for me. Here's where I think I may be different. My disk drive won't read the fpsc x10 disk (or many other disks for that matter) so I ran it on my laptop and installed it to my external hard drive, then copied it over to my desktop.

2: When I go to test my games, I get an error saying 'no effect ptr created in LOAD EFFECT'. I've found nothing remotely like this on the forums, but i suspect it has something to do with 1: I can't update.

So if you have a solution to either of these problems, it would be absolutely awesome if you would tell me.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 15:07
Quote: " installed it to my external hard drive, then copied it over to my desktop."

That is your problem, you really need to install to the hard drive that you will be using. Check your documents folder on your laptop, if you don't have the FPSCX10 folder, you need to copy that off of your laptop. I don't know if this will do the trick, but it is something you should try.

2: Yes, you need to update and run the FPSC-Cleaner.exe file.

Logo by The Next

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:49:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:49:09