Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Dark Physics 1.05 particle emitter mesh creation errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 15:00
I've encountered a problem that seems to be a bug with Dark Physics particle emitters. When I create a particle emitter in my code it causes lines in the same colour as the emitter to appear on the screen that last for a about one second. The lines rotate with camera movement as if they are located on two very large orthogonal planes. After the full screen lines have disappeared an additional spurious, flickering plane can be found located next to the emitter.

I have tried changing media, emitter position and object numbers but the problem persists. However, I am unable to recreate the problem in the Dark Physics particle emitter demos that appear fine.

The particle emitter is created in GAME_make_explosions(). To test: On load use "w" to move forwards and mousemove to turn. Walk to the grenade (on the left), press u to pick up, press left mouse button to throw the grenade. Wait for the exciting lines to appear.

A screen shot of the problem is included error.jpg in the zip file together with the source code and media.

My system is running Windows 7 64-bit and has an ATI FirePro M7740 with the latest drivers. I have the latest physX drivers installed and Dark Physics 1.05.

GrumpyOne - the natural state of the programmer

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:53:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:53:13