Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Working Name: Section 8: The 40th Day

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 23:51 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 00:29
Section 8: The 40th day was in the works before section 8 was released and before Army of 2: The 40th day was even announced.
--
Section 8 is a 2D RPG that aims to give the player an oblivion feel in a 2D atmophere.

Story: Ralph has been living a normal life. He has a job, a girlfriend, and a house. It seems his life is slowly putting itself together. But, when a suprise visit from a town gaurd brings him the amazing news, he must work to defend his new profound life. Even if that means fighting massive creatures!

Features:
-A nice quest applet from the menu to organize your quests.
-A training area to hoan your skills, and a place to upgrade your skills.
-A mix wizard that allows you to mix your old skills to create new ones.
-(Demo)-Roughly 7 monsters (Planned Full-Game) Over 50 monsters.
-10 skills to raise
-(Demo)-Roughly 8 quests (Planned Full-Game) Over 100 quests.
-(Demo) An extra party memeber (Planned Full-Game) 8 Extra party members!
-Karmatic choices that alter your physical form!
-A multitude of weapons and armor
-Choices that impact the entirty of your game.

NOTE: This game is still a work in progress, and is bound to have it's bugs or misunderstandings. Please report any and all bugs found in the demo to me!

Please visit my website: http://lapfireforums.darkbb.com/ It will help me by knowing what people are interested in.

The attached screen shows all the stats you can raise. More screenies in next post.

Download the Demo here!: http://www.mediafire.com/?thdwzyydnwi

Lapfire Interactive approves this message! =)
http://lapfireforums.darkbb.com/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 23:56
Here is a small town.

Attachments

Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 23:59
This is the shopping interface.

Attachments

Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 00:03 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 00:04
This is my last screenie. It shows some of the skills that were made. Please post away and tell me how it looks!

Attachments

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 00:06
Can no one draw sprites anymore?

This is like the 4th DBP project I've seen recently that's used this sprite set...

Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 00:14 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 00:15
I have limits (lol), and personally speaking, I don't think it looks too bad. Thanks for your input, though.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 01:07 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 01:10
Looks playable. Cowbox's comment was a bit unnecessary. I believe programmers use whatever they can to get the job done.

...see how subtle I was.

Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 01:12 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 01:14
Thank you! Feel free to try the demo if you'd like. I'm open to any feedback whatsoever.

P.S. Yes, i did. You're smart...Anyhow, SOME characters are the same and SOME sprites are the same but icons and skills are all different.

Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 02:41
Anyone?

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 07:22
Looks great, I will see if I have time to play it.

xxelixx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 10:12
Not bad but the dialogue seemed pretty boring, might just be me. There were also places that didn't look blocked of but I still couldn't get to the place.
Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 01:18
Thank you for trying the demo, xxelixx! I will work the the dialouge right away! Thank you for posting! Is there anything particular you suggest in adding to the dialouge to make it more interesting?

Would there be any specific spot in particular that you cannot reach? I will make adjustments to the land to make it more passible.

Thanks again guys!

xxelixx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 01:57
There was a place in the forest where a map was and I was couldn't get it. Also in the same part of the woods there was an open area that had no trees but I still couldn't go through it.
Shadydowg
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 02:05
Thank you! I will fix it right now! Any other players experience any problems?

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 16:19
This doesn't look like it was made with DBPro or any other TGC project, but I'll talk about it anyway

From what I saw, it was pretty fun . I noticed that the skill icons you used were from Guild Wars . Just a few things though:
1) The girl I was controlling looked like a sprite sheet when I was doing the tutorial battle (See attached screenshot).

2) When the guard tells me to go to the east, I went straight east only to find a dead end. I eventually figured out that it was the lower-east I was supposed to go to.

3) Who are "All my friends?" Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but a hint or something on the minimap to find them would be helpful (unless those giant white hands over houses were the places I was supposed to go)

I had picked RPG Veteran, so maybe everything would've been easier if I picked New to RPGs lol.

Other than that the game is looking good! Good luck. Just remember that this WIP forum is most often used for games made with TGC products, and I'm not sure RGSS2 Player is a TGC product...

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:12:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:12:33