Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Whip Messaround

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Basically, gonna use this to post updates to a whip physics experiment. I like the idea of an indie jones style game, so I\'m gonna post some stuff here:

At the moment this just makes the building blocks with a for statement.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 22:54 Edited at: 16th Jul 2010 22:54
Cool!
You might want to change:
set text font \"Verdana\" to set text font "\Verdana\"
&
load image \"brown_leather_texture.jpg\",1 to load image "\brown_leather_texture.jpg\",1
Not sure if it worked on your end, but I got an error when I tried.

I've had the idea for this for a while. I have had a 2.5D scroller in the mix along the lines of a Metroidvania type game and had been planning on making a whip controllable by the mouse.

I'd be interested in seeing how this pans out!

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2010 02:53
CoughMist,

The problem with the backslashes seems to happen sometimes when the forum decides to put them there, because it doesn't like plain old " signs, so the \" makes it an escape sequence (this post might turn out looking ironic).

Night Bane,

Haven't had a chance to try it because I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that's developed enough for a WIP post. I'll test it out later though.

"everyone forgets a semi-colon sometimes." - Phaelax
Nights Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah! Apologies Zotoaster, i did not know where to post it... Feel free to close this thread, I'll make a new one once i've developed a bit more work on it.
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2010 04:15
Good call, Zotoaster! I completely forgot about that.

@Nights Bane: Please do start another one! I would love to see how this progresses!

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:59:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:59:30