Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FpscX10 bored diening?!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it just me or is this bored becoming a gary boring area suddenly what haooened to the old times laughing at noobs qustions? I think we need to jump back up havnt really been seeing much in the X10 bored

Who da man?!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 06:04
Well, yea. It's because of the migration... sadly. But really, the migration is FULL of bugs. Which I find kind of funny. Right now the migration has more bugs than x10 has. But sadly the technology behind x9 migration is a bit better than x10's but not by what everyone said it would be. Seriously, the only thing wrong with FPSC x10 is it cant be backwards compatible with x9. If it was I would only use x10.

But it was something that was going to happen. Sadly.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
We need to build are seleves back up im going to make a free media upgrade for x10 only!

Who da man?!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 06:48
I can tell you, when I'm dining, I'm usually never bored. And I've never heard of X10 being able to eat, either. I guess Gary has his right to his opinion about this board being boring, but I don't quite think it is. I believe the half-opened "old time" noob questions are still around, just not as abundant.
[/horriblegrammarjoke]
Yes, I'm a Grammar Nazi.

Alright, grammar aside, I have noticed a decline in threads opened in this section. I personally think we should start a new Revival Compo, get it in the newsletter, etc. That would surely boost us up. But indeed, I am guilty of being nearly absent on the X10 board. I don't want to sound like an egotistical "X9 iS |3377312!!!!1" person, but really, the migration will pretty much kill X10 and leave the dedicated users (Nilloc, Soviet, Budo, The Next, and me) will be alone.

While I don't at all enjoy it, the true and obvious fact is, X9 has surpassed X10 (for the time being, at least).

To anyone who lives in England: I liked London when I went two weeks ago.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 10:10 Edited at: 18th Jul 2010 19:22
x10 is not dead. like vista people claim it was bad, but then again people did not like xp that much when it first came out. x10 is far from gone in my book. I have been working on a big game for x10. x10 is very powerful when you know how to use it. plus 117 will not be done no time soon. can you say bugs good lore? I have no plans to support 117 anytime soon. the pb mod is still better. plus the mystic mod for x10 is doing some big stuff. I say this everything lee did wrong in x9 he did right in x10.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 14:10
Quote: "the dedicated users (Nilloc, Soviet, Budo, The Next, and me) will be alone."

Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa...I've been with X10 this whole time, fixing problems and giving users a boost with their problems with custom media...besides, I've been here longer than the majority of you guys.

Sorry for that, I felt a bit offended being left out of this since I have helped with the FPSC-Online forum with Next, and I've done a lot of other stuff to help.

I have to agree with michael x too since Lee did a good job of making FPSC shape up to the looks of X10, and it's been a great dev tool ever since. People only screw 10 off because they blatantly have a crap PC that can't even run Space Invaders or they feel that X10 is taking over X9 so they feel that they haver to pull X10 down. This bloody fanboy-ism is starting to P' me off now, and believe me, if it does get out of hand even more, then it might be the last of me on here. People can't take bloody opinions to ANYTHING and consider it as the rat's 455 and throw the crap back at their face. Besides, every game development tool has its flaws and bugs, just look at muhf'ing Unity or UDK and see for yourself, they have bugs too, hell, I can't make a rotating and moving gear in UDK to save my bloody life because it keeps freezing. And Unity, don't even get me started on that, most disappointing tool I've ever used if you ask me. FPS Creator seems the best tool for me because there are (usually) very helpful users, but to bring it down there are the prats who burn you down to the ground just for saying "I prefer X10 over X9" without any justification or elucidation. I don't care what happens, but I want to say tot eh X9 fanboys: Get a goddamn life you bunch of kids.

That is all.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 16:17
Actually SSG X9's migration will make X9 better than X10. Like it or not it's the reality.

Even Lee thinks so.

And don't go on a rant about X9 fanboys, you sound more like an X10 fanboy saying that than anyone else here.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 16:43
I know it will make it better than X10, but I'd rather the fact that people don't snuff it in each others' faces. And what I meant by that paragraph is that I'm sick of people screwing each other off since both of them have different capabilities, yet each 'faction' tends to strengthen those points over the others to make it seem small and pointless. And I'm not really an X10 fanboy, I can crush that point swaying that I have moved back to X9, but I prefer the X10 boards simply because anything new won't be flooded by "0mg 4ow long hve u bn awy 4 thts 0ld". Sure I still post on the other boards, but the X10 board has been my lookout point for the past year.

-SSG

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets all plane something giant to kick X10 back up some all the scripters get together all the modlers get together and work as a whole there are major things that we need to work on and im glad to do it if needed ill gladly make a free 200 segment media upgrade anytime but we need to work together and X9 might be better then X10 cause of the 117 update but if we all work together then we can get ahead of X9 again and make them jealous of are things for some examples of what we have that turned out better then X9's

Dark AI is better then the v117 update
But v117 has lip sync
We have it easy to control bloom fog and everything else while X9 they have to keep going to the setup.ini to change everything

We have things that ended out better then X9 and some Worst. But I think we can earn are way back up if the users like us dont leave X10.

Who da man?!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 21:35
Well I think backwards compatibility would probably make x10 really popular again.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea it would so should we get like the most popular models that dont work in x10 and get them in x10?

Who da man?!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 22:48
Sorry SSG, wrote that late at night, knew I was forgetting someone.
Don't take it personally.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2010 23:57
Quote: "Sorry SSG, wrote that late at night, knew I was forgetting someone.
Don't take it personally."

None taken .

@Nilloc,

I got almost all of the models I used in X9 to work in X10, it's quite simple really, you just have top check everything. And I can't see how it'd boost X10's rep up...

-SSG

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Because it would be more compatabile

Who da man?!
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Where did budomaik go?

Who da man?!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 00:07
This will be very short and will be very clear (unless you are some kind of brainless ape from the moon).

Direct X8 was taken over by DirectX9...
Direct X9 will be taken over by DirectX10...

End of story hardware evolves we cant help it if half the computing world still has hardware only capable of running the very outdated Direct X9.

Wake up it time to realise the future all major developers have now and X9 is being confined to history slowly but surely.

Get unlimited space and un-metered bandwidth hosting email me i will beat any other host
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 00:10
Sorry double post.

Quote: "the migration will pretty much kill X10 and leave the dedicated users (Nilloc, Soviet, Budo, The Next, and me) will be alone."

OMG finally piece and quiet.. no not really there will be X10 users in growing numbers i know it.

Also budokaiman is on holiday hes back soon.

Get unlimited space and un-metered bandwidth hosting email me i will beat any other host
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Dose that mean X10 will take over X11? lol

Who da man?!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 00:12
No it means X11 will take over X10 actually but thats just a technicality.

I see DirectX11 as a very small step more of a bug fix and not really that worthy of a change maybe Direct X12 will though.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh well is there a way we can boost X10 above X9?

Who da man?!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 00:19 Edited at: 19th Jul 2010 00:19
Well i think the Mystic mod update me and budokaiman are working on at the moment may do some good.

But shush its a surprise.

Or we could attack the X9 boards. which may be fun

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
[\joke]ok ill build the trjan horse you defeat the security walls [\joke]

Ok so the update will have a big hit for us ill work on some X10 segments for us and we need one more thing i have a feeling were missing something...

Who da man?!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 01:17
CAKE

And a little bit of

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
ok let me heat my oven up

I The next lol jk

Who da man?!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 02:08
Wooo attack the x9 boards!! let's all go find lee on holiday take the leader out first

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
im with you lets make the soviet union again KILL LEE send an email to him asking him to download a virus

Who da man?!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 02:27
If we take out lee, then FPSC 1.17 will never finish AND at its state it has so many bugs. They will live with bugs forever!! muahahahaah and then we can take over!

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
haha im going to try to get my segment media 500 upgrade pack to work in X10 im not sure if it will yet

Who da man?!
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I was messing around on the map editor in this idea came in my head!

Why not edit the map editor so you can go into different angels instead of just above view. like keys are different angels

1=top

2=underneath view

3=side view 1

4= side view 2 ect

It would allow easier movement in the mapeditor and avoiding entity collison problems

Who da man?!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
TBH I dont really think that most x9 users actually gloat over the migration or in any way are they putting x10 down, the simple fact is that FPSCX10 has been a bit of a let down for you all and you feelleft out with updates and improvements, a lot is due to NVidea promoting it so heavily and TGC getting involved with them in what was seen at the time as a great move forward.
You have to remember that the migration has been promised for a long time and was very much held back by the development of x10, so cut x9 users some slack here, not all can afford the operating system and graphics cards required, not only to create but to play as well. This in no way makes x9 users your poor cousins around here, why dont you all just realise that the updated x9 will be available to you as well and when it is ironed out it will match x10 in many ways, maybe even surpass it, this is no loss to you guys and you can have the best of both worlds if you want.

Quote: "Dark AI is better then the v117 update
But v117 has lip sync
We have it easy to control bloom fog and everything else while X9 they have to keep going to the setup.ini to change everything
"

Its a beta, its by no means anywhere near finished yet.
DARK AI is the same its more about scripting and the scripts need to be tuned to suit your game whatever version you are using.
As far as lip sync goes thats rigging I see no reason not to assume these updated models couldnt be used in x10 its not hard coded its an external lipsync app which simply uses the rig to create anims using phonemes and syncs the sound file and movements to run together, this would be part of a models animation triggered to run from a script same way all anims already are in current stock models, it might require a small modification but I dont really think so, only if x10 handles a lesser number of bones than x9 does.

As far as I am concerned its not about which version is 'better' than the other its more about creating games which stand out and thats down to users really. Creating media for x10 wont take it to another level or make it better than x9 its you the users and the games you design and the mods you create to improve on what is available to you all, more so now for x10.
I dont believe there should be a divide like this, friendly rivalry is one thing but you guys need to prove your point by creating blow away games not point out the differences in versions.
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Well we cant create blow away games because lee left us with to many bugs its like up to us to make the updates

Who da man?!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 05:29
Quote: "Well we cant create blow away games because lee left us with to many bugs its like up to us to make the updates "

Not at all. Lee will more than likely keep updating X10. They just won't be having a major "migration-like" update.

List some of the "bugs."

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
segments turning invisibel wrong textures placed on them (these are stock) characters falling through floors things automaticly floating in mid air when placed on map

Who da man?!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 17:59
Quote: "segments turning invisibel"

You don't import them correctly/change their mesh and/or texture paths correctly/use the right image type for the texture.

Quote: "wrong textures placed on them (these are stock)"

How many times has this happened to any of us other than Soviet? It's never happened to anyone else other than that one time Soviet posted about it to my knowledge.

Quote: "characters falling through floors"

If ragdoll- the physics can't help it. That's always going to happen no matter what engine.
If Dynamic Characters- That happens in X9 also, can't really be helped.

Quote: "things automaticly floating in mid air when placed on map"

Press Enter to automatically place entities on the ground, no floating involved.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 20:10
I have both X9 and X10... The PS2 shaders they are using in X9 are okay... but aren't there yet... The X10 4.0 Shaders still look better... there are strange artifacts with the PS2 ..

The lip-sync feature is nice in X9...

But would still rather have instancing over lip-sync any day tbh.. GPU instancing rocks in X10... X9 still suffers heavily with 7 or more enemies on even the simplest map from what I have seen in testing so far..

Bottom line is both versions have there strengths and weaknesses ...

I still prefer working with X10 over X9... GPU instancing and Shader 4.0 will probably keep using X10 as my main dev platform between the two..

I can't see me using X9 more seriously till the can fix the issues with the number of enemies in a level...

I am also liking the direction Bok is taking with mystic mod so far.. and I am really looking forward to the next release of the mod... If everything pans out with well next version we should have our first commercial release done before years end..
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Can one of you help me?

Im using the terrain kit and it works fine when I fill half the map. But when I fill the rest it sends an error report when I remove all that I placed on the ground same error comes! Is there something stoping it like to much memory? I made a really small level with a simple outdoor terrain I beieve 9 by 9 and it failed!

Who da man?!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 23:19
Quote: "I dont believe there should be a divide like this, friendly rivalry is one thing but you guys need to prove your point by creating blow away games not point out the differences in versions. "

I don't get it either. I am loyal to neither side, I'm just here for the cake.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 23:19
X9 users aren't interested in having X9 VS X10 flame wars because the battle is over. I believe it was won in the year V117. LOL

Seriously though if you have X10 (like I do) go right ahead and claim your free copy of X9 and use your X10 serial to activate then download the latest X9 V117 beta and don't look back.

I was very active on this board once but as a wise man once said 'the truth will set you free'.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 00:19
Quote: " go right ahead and claim your free copy of X9 and use your X10 serial to activate then download the latest X9 V117 beta"

Wont work :/ we have no gotten the free x9 yet, even FPSC free does not work.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 10:00 Edited at: 20th Jul 2010 10:02
x9 is good with the migration but x10 will and always be the better, x9 will become outdated within 12 months,
x9 with its mods or not, will not change that fact.
no disrespect to anyone but you will be stil fixing bugs
in the migration in 12 months time.
we have been let down in x10 but i think it has a future.
prob not with tgc but with people on the forums will make
it more viable, its not a x9 vs x10 flame war but a developer
who lost his way forward for the right finacial reasons.
but who will have faith in the future release of another engine
x11, what happened to x10, i hope that when people do develop x 10
forward that tgc will look at it again and take it forward
to where it belongs the future of indy game development.
all x10 needs is right here on the forum with budokaiman
and other mods being developed, just like they did in x9.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 11:44
People are just not ready for the move we saw this with XP to Vista people didn't move they didn't give Vista a chance because they are happy with XP. We are only just starting to see people moving away from XP with the introduction of Windows 7 and a huge marketing campaign by Microsoft.

It's a fact people stick with what they know. Its obvious this i what the many people using X9 are doing, not getting a better PC stick with the old one, dont get a new OS stick with the one made all the way back in 2001 (yes that is 9 years ago), and not use the new software enhancements being made.

Now i have both i have X9 games and a love them i love FPS Creator X9 its a great system i don't have a problem with those users they are on the most part very nice. I'm just stating what the facts are and the biggest one is that if everyone had a bit more money X9 would already be confined to history the price tags are the biggest thing holding it back. There was a time a PC that could run X9 would cost you nearly £1000. X10's time will come its just not yet.

On a side note don't argue everyone its not worth it, like rolfy said friendly rivalry is good but some comments have gone a bit past that, we can live with the old X9 guys they will come over soon enough.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 16:23
Quote: "There was a time a PC that could run X9 would cost you nearly £1000"

Back in the '90s (I think '96) my parents got a DX5 PC for $1500 (around 750 pounds, I believe), which I inherited after my brother. I still have some of the games they got us

Late '90s games were great.

ONTOPIC
We got this current PC for $1100 (1440 pounds or so), could've been a lot cheaper if we built it, but who cares (except for the pocketbook )? That was last year and you can already get one better than that for around $700 (with Windows 7, nonetheless, not the Vista rig we bought). This thing's only a dual core and it was still that expensive. Bottom line is, XP's coming on 10 years old and W7 is not even a year. XP doesn't even get support from Microsoft anymore!

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 17:00
Actually $1100 is £723.13 but not that its important lol.

XP does get support but only for Businesses with a Business support licence.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 17:47 Edited at: 20th Jul 2010 17:49
DirectX9 is not going ANYWHERE for a very long time. It's been rolled up into the installer for all versions of directx. That means when you download the latest directx from Microsoft, it contains ALL versions of directx through dx11.

Plus, dx9 works on ALL versions of Windows just fine - XP, Vista, and Windows7.

And lastly, all MAJOR 3D content apps like 3ds Max, Mudbox, and Maya still use dx9 as their preferred viewport renderer, and this isn't going to change any time soon. If Autodesk ever does decide to make the jump, it will be straight to dx11.

DirectX10 is forever going to be associated with Vista. Directx9 on the other hand, is going to be around for A LONG time - because of it's widespread use by major players in the industry, and it's compatibility with all versions of Windows.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 22:16
Quote: "Actually $1100 is £723.13 but not that its important lol."

Aw. Backwards conversion FTL on my part.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 03:28
[joke]Nilloc, if you make the Mega pack only X10 compatible, i swear I will personally call in hit men to kill you (Cause i dont have those skillz lol)[\joke]

But in all seriousness, atleast let me and the rest of the team know if you make a desicion like that k??

And to stay ontopic for this thread i think X9 will supass X10. X10 was Vista for TGC and unless they can upgrade it to glory status like Windows 7 then im afraid its dead.

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
no im going to make a seperate pack for X10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:07:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:07:20