Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / my first 20 liner TiltBoard

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2010 06:49 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2010 06:27
I hope I upload this right. This is a DBP program using Dark Physics
Use the mouse to tilt the board. The Goal is in the upper right.Hope to learn how to texture this and add sound. This program requires one external file "tilt-board2.x" included here.

Toydoc Dan

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2010 12:44
Sounds like it could be fun. Alas I don't have darkphysics, and you'll find that people that do are put off by having to make a project folder, download the model and put it in etc.

I recommend making a folder with the model, the .dba, .dbp files and the combined .exe, rar-ing it and uploading it here. That way people without the .exe can try the game, and lazy people with darkphysics are more likely to be bothered to give it a bash.

It seems you used a smart trick with the fake tilting. I'd like to see this in action.
Toydoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2010 20:24
Sorry I have checked this on my computer at work and found out that I left out a texture. I have removed the need for this and updated the source. Also I found that this program requires the latest Directx and physx drivers. Hope this helps anyone trying this program out.
Thanks,
Dan

Toydoc Dan
Toydoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 06:25
Here is an exe file of my game that should run if you have physx driver installed.

Toydoc Dan

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2010 01:38 Edited at: 31st Jul 2010 01:39
i gave it a go. its very hard, you have to have the mouse centered befor you start or it has a small fit. nice idea though. also seems to be 39 lines rather than 20... but i assume thats all spaces and rem's

There is no such thing as "Too Fast!"
Toydoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2010 06:00
Thanks for looking at it. I thought I had a command in place to auto center the mouse at the start, I will check. I did make it too hard as a first level but I was trying some things out like hole size and the incline ramp in the center left to right. I still want to fix the texture and lighting so you can see the path better.
If you take out the rems and spaces it is under 20 lines. As the rules say spaces and rems dont count.
Thanks again,
Dan

Toydoc Dan
Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I tried the source and exe and the same thing keeps happening. The screen flickers with the ball and pad but then I get a game over. Looks like the ball is falling through the board. Sounds good though. nice job getting it to 20 lines!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:36:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:36:53