Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark Phantasy (tentative title) MMOG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 17:05 Edited at: 25th Sep 2003 17:07
word up guys, cause i find it a bastard with my current computer setup to go through all of the two pages in my syndicate thread i decided to put this post here, i cant hold it in any longe,r i have to fantasise about my game idea, i wrote up a quick propaganda text for the game DARK PHANTASY (yeah i know the title sucks but i cant think of anything). So far work is good, i got heaps of graphics made an din teh makign for it, all i need is the code for syndicate remastered core to be working and then slowly add bits on, though someone with dbp will have to check out how to make it multiplayer, though mmog is a bit far for db maybe? im thinking maybe have servers range for the different fantasy settings, and a few servers for the mixes, likes jedi's will have the corrusant server and when they want to interact between other fantasy settings they will stargate to another server etc, and each server maybe have 32 players limit or sumthing to that line. anyway to be decided later. so without further ado, i present the cabaret girls, and , wait, stupid girlfriend and her rock eisteddfod. now presenting the propaganda text i just wrote, to save thread space check the code added.

[edit] ships, sorry guys but unfortunately it doesnt seem to take nicely to the copy and paste from notepad, so when you clcik the source link everythign is on jsut a few lines :S m-train apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 16:54
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 17:22
Nope - can't see any.

Well I have a lot of ideas for this, but I'll email you sometime this weekend - gameplay ideas etc, the ideas I've had gel with yours so I think we're on the same page. Don't think that I'm trying to take over or anything - I just get ideas all the time, can't help it.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 17:36
hasha take over? damn van you don't have to worry about that dude, all my games are open to the public, mainly cause i have crap coding skills, but also cause the best game is a game made by the community that will play it. and it's definately good to hear that the community are on par with my ideas . but don't be afraid to add anything new, cause this idea is all about adding new features or movie settigns etc to make the game enjoyable for all. im watching total recall now and it easily fits in with this style as it has many similarities to the syndicate setting. but yeah don't worry about thinking your taking my project cause its our project, and i know how you feel about getting ideas all teh time, i mean hey look at how many different games i've attempted cause of some new fangled idea, cause im so poor at coding they all get only part done before i think of a new idea thats why help is appreciated here so i can keep focused on teh one idea, even though its many ideas mixed in one :S

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 02:50
heya uberdude, i loooooved syndicate and i cant wit for this...

BTW, where do u live in Australia? I read you reference to the rock eisteadford...my cousins school won the tassie one

reagrds
Zac

I got best and fairest for soccer WHOOHOOO!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 10:35
victoria, hehe hope my gf beats ur cousin

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 07:11
Melbourne?

Dreeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam on mate

I got best and fairest for soccer WHOOHOOO!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 17:02
i dunno man, can the tasmanian girls shake their rears like our policy girls can? uh, actually i shouldnt comment on that, some of the girls that do it are like in year 8

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 04:53
UPDATED!

ok im gonna start reading the dm guidebook today and start workin on some ideas for the skill system as well as a few other areas like world creation and battle system. I'm thinking we'd keep it fast paced action, but dice rolling in the background may work out well, or atelast some kind of non one hit kill system. anyway i'll work more on teh ideals of the game today. But Van hows your end going? i havent heard from you in a while so i was wondering how your alienware comp entry is going. i didnt pu tup my dance simulator cause i didnt work on it anymore, plus i hate dance simulators . BUt yeah any new news on the syndicate engine?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 17:15
I'll have time this week to do some work on it, I got the worst of my compo entry anims done last night and things are looking fine - so I'll take a breather and work on DP and have something for you before the weekend - I feel I may get a little peeved at the 2D engine, even using 3D plains, it's still a pain to check collisions etc - I'll probably knock up a propper 3D city thing and get it nice and isometric, the guys would still be 2D, only they'd be running around in full 3D. Nothings solid yet though mate - I will get you the best engine I can to build your game onto.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 17:19
mad, take your time with it dude, caus ei cant run flash animations let alone a db program, without some sort of major computer error resulting in a crash, any work i do for the game will be on my gf's computer, and thats limited to drawing more 2d sprites.but if u compile it to an exe, i should already have the files down, just as ong as it can run without db being installed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:56:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:56:59