Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBPro] [U75] Compiled program runs under XP but fails to run under Vista.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After upgrading to U75 and compiling my program for testing. It stopped working under Vista giving the error.

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly."

The program continued to work fine under XP.

After checking the code for errors, and unable to find any, as well as verifying nothing had changed on the system with Vista, I concluded the only other thing that had changed was the DBPro U75 update.

I reinstalled DBPro and patched it with U74 which thankfully I still had

After recompiling with U74, the program runs fine again on both XP and Vista.

Note: I did notice that my compiled code's file size was slightly smaller, (about 7 percent), after the U75 update, should this be the case?

Has anyone else run into this with U75 or is it just me?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 27th Jul 2010 00:53
I'm using U7.5 on Vista and XP without any problems. Well, no new ones anyway.

I've just this moment compiled a program on my XP laptop and tried running it on my Vista PC. The exe file ran perfectly both via the network and as a copy on the PC.

Don't know what to suggest.
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps if you can somehow get the two exes again, one that is smaller than the other, and run that program on it that looks at what DLLs are included. It could maybe have something to do with it.

I am in the same boat here. My games compiled with the latest U75 run fine on XP, but not on Windows 7 or my Windows Server 2008 (based on vista). I have not yet tried compiling with U74; not sure it is worth the uninstall/reinstall just to check either.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 15:22
Can someone provide example exe's uploaded in a zip file?

Without an example, all I can say is 'I don't have that problem', or 'it works for me', neither of which help you.

Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ian,

I've gone back to U74 which works fine, so problem solved.

I no longer have the U75 files.

Maybe GIDustin has some he can send you.
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
I reformatted and went back to Windows XP. I'll see what I can find though.

Do you want just the EXE or the source as well? The one application that I know was causing problems for me is a server application for a game that I am suppose to keep quiet about. Therefore, posting the files on the forums won't work. If I can send it by email though.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 18:09
Quote: "I've gone back to U74 which works fine, so problem solved.

I no longer have the U75 files."

Why not run the U7.5 installer again? It only takes about two minutes. Then you can recreate the U7.5 exe file and IanM can check it. If this is a valid Bug Report then we need to know about it.
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=172194&b=1&p=0

This thread contains a full program that ran fine in windows xp, but not in vista.

Also, I found the program of mine that I had problems with before, and it still silently crashes in Windows 7 (basically vista, right?) but runs fine on XP. Again, I cant post it in public but I can email it to you if you want. Just let me know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:27:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:27:56