Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Need some tips for a new project with DarkGdk.Net plzzz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi dark masters

I'm making a project a little different from a game, that consists in a GUI made in Visual Basic, wich generate in realtime all the data i need for controling the graphical output, a kind of action sequencer.

This GUI works on my (lets say client side) main display device, lets say an GeForce 9 series card, and it dictates the starting, the role and end of the "graphical sequences"

The point is that i need to output it in two ways:

1st - to a diferent device (i have 2 graphic cards on my system), for this i'm checking the Display Member SetGraphicsCard method, didnt have sucess

2nd - inside my GUI, in a picture box, for preview purpose (i've checked the DisplayOnPictureBox but couldn't put it working...)

My main question is about this, as all dgdk info speaks about a game loop... and in this case... the user should use the GUI for controling the data values and the "game window" should receive these updates as they are being entered, in an independent way...

For the moment when it creates the form that handles the darkgdk "game loop", it gives total focus to it, and the main GUI stops to work... Any tip will be wonderfull

Is this possible to do with Dark GDK.NET ?????
Frank C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 15:47
You need a reference of your main Form which houses the GUI in the Application Class that is running the gameloop, then you reference the data objects in the gameloop.
The gameloop should remain running while you interact with the GUI, if it doesn't you may have to look at doing some threading.
superfluxo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your fast reply Frank C.

Is this topic
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171729&b=37 talking about the same thing?

Thanks in advance
superfluxo
Years of Service
User Offline
I again.
I've managed to pass the main GUI form values to the DGDK.NET game loop application, thanks a lot for your tip.

I'm still wondering about the display story:

1st - output to a diferent device (i have 2 graphic cards on my system), for this i'm checking the Display Member SetGraphicsCard method, didnt have sucess yet

2nd - inside my GUI, in a picture box, for preview purpose (i've checked the DisplayOnPictureBox but couldn't put it working...)

what should i do to accomplish this? any tips?

thanks for your precious time
superfluxo
Years of Service
User Offline
hi again...
... few hours of sleep ... this doubdt (1st and 2nd) keeps in my mind...
any help how i can do this will be much much appretiated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:05:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:05:12