Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBP U7.5] GameFX Help file code crashes

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 21:17 Edited at: 30th Jul 2010 21:18
The Help file code for make static objects crashes if the media do not already exist. The code works fine if I use the media produced by an earlier upgrade (the demo checks to see whether the media already exists and if they do exist the demo skips the creation step).

I've just downgraded to U7.4 and the demo code works fine (except for an annoying security warning from Windows on exit which I can't seem to get rid of - that at least doesn't happen with U7.5 ).

I then tried upgrading to U7.5 again but the code still fails. It seems to fail at the create light maps step. So it seems U7.5 has broken something in the GameFX command group.

Edit Forgot to add that the code crashes on both XP and Vista. I can't test on Windows 7.
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I crash, too.
I attach a code.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 15:16
Hi guys,

I noticed this problem too, so I had a look at the DBPro source code. I rebuilt the DLLs as DEBUG and they seem to work fine.

Attached should be the built DLLs, they are naturally larger because they have been built in DEBUG.

If you could give them a try and see if it fixes your problems?

If they work, GREAT! a temporary fix until an update fixes the problem.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 20:33
Quote: "except for an annoying security warning from Windows on exit which I can't seem to get rid of - that at least doesn't happen with U7.5"

It does now.

But the main crash seems to be fixed.

Why would DEP come into effect only when I try to stop execution - and why only when the media don't already exist - and why doesn't this happen with other projects? Seems daft. Is the example code (or the GameFX plugin) doing something illegal or suspicious?
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 12:11
I can have a look in the various de-constructors see if anything comes apparent.

I can have a proper look tomorrow, and see if I can get release versions of the DLLs working too
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 12:14
OK. I'm interested to see what you find out.
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:50 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 14:50
I can only get the crash on exit to happen when I first run the DBPro example code. After the dbo & lightmaps have been generated and the application restarted it runs fine.

is this what you see?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 22:04 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 22:11
Yes.

Edit By the way, your DLLs might be using a later version of DirectX than DBPro should be using. This means that code compiled with your DLLs will crash (or not compile?) on machines which don't have the same version. The culprit is "d3dx9_42.dll".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:56:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:56:07