Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Camera problems.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi all

i'm new to darkgdk.net but have been programming in vb for a few years. i've wanted to get into creating apps with darkbasic in mind and darkgdk.net is perfect for that. my problem is that i'm using the gamelevel sample to try and test my ideas out on first. i've got my viewport and below it are two buttons, one called 'First person view' and one called 'Top view' i've coded the buttons to change when pressed but i'm stuck on how to get the camera to change to a bird's eye view of the level when the 'top view' button is pressed! i.ve tried rotating it and changing the position but with no luck, i just end up in the middle of no-where and can see the sides of the room i was in. any help with this would be great. thanks
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 22:11
The question you made is not very clear, but what I suggest you is to take advantage of the "point" method, which will help you to keep the camera focus exactly where you want!

Can you be a little more "exaustive" than "in the middle of no-where"?

ByteStorms
Bytes from incoming years
www.bytestorms.com
lanks
Years of Service
User Offline
olha cara eu tenho um tutorial que seria talvez de boa ajuda pra vc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5InDqnIpPY
xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2010 20:01 Edited at: 26th Oct 2010 20:02
sorry guys this post was made in the wrong place so i deleted the message. Meant to make a new one sry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:53