Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] So are we getting our money back?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 21:27
I paid $70 to be a beta tester, and I am not happy about it. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. We were lead to believe we were purchasing software that could actually make a retail game, and nothing could have been further from the truth.

This never received the support it was supposed to and everyone knows that. I personally will not be using any products from this company ever again and suggest you all do the same. UDK is by far a better package with better support there is no reason to use this or x9.

This final news was just the nail in the coffin that we all knew was coming.
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Crumbaker,

I do not see TGC giving anyone money for buying the failed product (in their eyes).

People buy products that do not work all the time. It is pretty hard to return software (just try to buy a computer game from a store, then take it back).

So in the end, you are out $70. Their reward to those who have purchased the product is to get FPS Creator X9 for free.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 21:39
Quote: " I personally will not be using any products from this company ever again and suggest you all do the same."

That's not going to endear you to anyone or make you friends.
Before you go on...I bought FPSC x10 (and Vista and a new video card to use it).

You can make a game with x10 and I don't regret my purchase.

If you want your money back then you'll have to contact Order and Billing Support via the link below the box you post in.
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 21:39 Edited at: 4th Aug 2010 21:41
a failed product is one thing, a scam is a whole other. Multiple things that were said to be in this package never came to it. Does anyone who bought this plan on supporting this company in the future other than the moderator above me?

Why would you when udk is a faaaaaaaaaar better package, that is surprisingly quite a bit easier to use than even x9. Oh and you can actually make games with it, and it has a real community.
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
UDK's liscence is 3000$ while X10's and X9's is free... UDK is harder then X9 and X10 and obiously you opened X10 splatered some enemys and rooms down and a ligh t and came here to complain about it

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 23:56
Quote: "Multiple things that were said to be in this package never came to it"

And that is why you read disclaimers.

*clears throat*
Excuse me? E-excuse me! Erm...this is an original poem. By me. For you.
Roses are red, Violets are blue, Watch out! That ROFLCOPTER almost got you!
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 05:46
Quote: "UDK's liscence is 3000$ while X10's and X9's is free... UDK is harder then X9 and X10 and obiously you opened X10 splatered some enemys and rooms down and a ligh t and came here to complain about it"

Where do I start... First of all don't make assumptions about me. I was a very early buyer of this software and used it quite a bit before I ran into multiple unsolvable, at the time, problems. I upgraded my video card and to vista to be compliant as well.

I came here and asked for help with these problems and was flamed and told that I should learn to use search. After searching a ton and not finding an answer to my issues I then was willing to give money to help answer my questions still no help and more flames, the reason I didn't get help was because nobody knew the answers I was seeking at the time.

Udk is $100, then there's royalty charges above $5000 just like this software. I have had tons of help from their forums and importing my 3d models has been much easier then it was with this software. This is a toy compared to udk, which has many MANY professional video games made with it's code.

Don't make assumptions and learn to use spell check.

And le shorte what disclaimer are you talking about?
freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 06:27
*facepalm*

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 10:54 Edited at: 5th Aug 2010 10:55
Edited: Because I don't want in on this. Sorry for the pointless post.

Vent Media - Free FPSC Media
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 17:46
@crumbaker

I can understand your frustration, we were promised a lot yes, and didn't receive it. But... I think we had gotten something far more important, and that is the close community of x10. If you think about it, we are always helping each other, and If I ever saw a post from you I would try my hardest to help. We have been abandoned in a way yes, but we have people like budokaiman, who knows the engine will no longer be worked on, and also knows the fan base is not as big as x9.

Yet he still has the dedication to make us a modification for our engine, it is people like him and others in this forum that dedicate there time to solve problems and work hard for the future of this awesome engine, even with half the features missing and no more support. In the future x10 will be getting a lot better I can promise you that. Mystic mod is the future of this engine.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 23:22
Quote: "And le shorte what disclaimer are you talking about? "

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2127&page=disclaimer

*facepalm*

*clears throat*
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 02:24
oh wow le shorte man you showed me. I know when ever I buy something I always look for a disclaimer just in case the features advertised aren't actually there.

Why are you defending a product that has no official support now, no commercial games have been made with, has hardly any tutorials on how to do the things needed to make a game, was and is still riddled with bugs since the start, and I could go on and on. Seriously who does that? You're still drinking the game creators cool aid eh?

Wake up guys, we all got screwed.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 03:02
Quote: "I know when ever I buy something I always look for a disclaimer just in case the features advertised aren't actually there.
"

You probably should. That was an '07 tech demo. The product was released in '08. Changes had to be made, whether it be for stability, schedule, or budget. I saw that disclaimer before I bought it. You should read every little bit of fine print before you spend $70 on something.

Quote: "Why are you defending a product that has no official support now, no commercial games have been made with, has hardly any tutorials on how to do the things needed to make a game, was and is still riddled with bugs since the start, and I could go on and on. Seriously who does that? You're still drinking the game creators cool aid eh?
"

Why do people defend out-of-date games? I could make a commercial game in literally five minutes with this. Tutorials are plentiful. You're not looking hard enough. Everything has tons of bugs. Look at Halo 3 and MW2- both games that sold extremely well and are played by hundreds of thousands, riddled with bugs. Everybody releases products with bugs. It's impossible to be bug-free.

*clears throat*
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 09:50
Quote: "I could make a commercial game in literally five minutes with this."

You lost all credibility with this statement. Keep defending your dead product.
Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 11:17
a product is only dead when there is nobody using it, i know that quite a few people still use x10, myself included and we even have people making a mod for x10, not dead by a long shot.

Also what u get out of the product is up to u, i only make games for a bit of fun on the side, that is what i get from x10 and i have no problems with there being no official support anymore, often the 'unofficial' support is better than the proper support

Najoko Entertainment
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 13:03
I don't think you understand what he meant.Not dead as in people not using it,but productivity.X10 was a bad idea in the first place for me.I mean who would upgrade to windows vista just for this and buy a "next-gen video card".And if you do,who is going to play your game.A public of not very rich people?They still need to pay loads of money for pc upgrades,because most people don't stay up-to-date with all new tech.We have jobs lol.

So what does that leave us.A hope to target a richer audience.Well they can just buy Call of Duty or Medal of Honor and don't need to deal with a FPSC game.

To put it simply,I agree with crumbaker on 80% of what he said.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 17:36 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 17:46
@ crumbaker

try a little positive in your life.

it seems you have had enough so move to where you will be happy and let this go, life is too short for anger and rage, i have learnt this.

this aint for you and i wish you the best and take your anger to tgc not its forum members.
take care

@ genchef
why are you on here?
your respected on the x9 engine and seem a decent guy but its obvious you do not own x10 so why are you here?
not a request to go but a curious question

and i think what you said is true why buy any x9 or x10 game when call of duty and halo are out there i mean seriously have you sold thousands of copies? as anyone on x9 ( if so then i will shut up )
so in the end none of us is gonna make a game like you say on what we have but its a hobby and fun and we can make some great games and stuff we are proud of, but if your serious about major game sales then i suggest start a company and input tens of thousands into it then thousands into advertisement.you cant compare x9 or x10 against leading games its like some one with a magnum 45 against a man with a twig.

just for the record windows 7 plays x10 better than vista, and these days most people are getting better cards, and buying windows 7

a brand new 8800gts is around 50 to 60 pounds not that expensive really for uk people.
x10 is factually better than x9 and cant be dead if it works on w7 stop the x9 is the universe view, if it can be used on future products then it cant be dead. x9 is past x11 is the future but x10 is in the middle and usable to vista and windows 7 but not xp. windows 7 is much better than vista but plays vista games and at the moment fpscx10 is closer to the commercial games than x9 at the moment. as it handles it all better.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 17:45 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 17:47
@science boy

The truth is I was going to buy x10 but then I had second thoughts.A friend of mine has it and he showed it to me.I was a bit disappointed.

And yes I agree with you completely.I for one use fps for fun,not for profit because I just don't see it happening right now.

And by price I guess I was refering to poorer european countries like mine.People here will never spend 150$ on a video car unless they are hard-core gamers.Also about the price thing.I was talking mainly about when x10 came out and the 8800GT was a "hit"(shall we say).Because I remember buying mine for a steep 350$.

Once again I only mentioned a comparison between comercial and fpsc games because the author had an intention of doing it with this engine.

Oh and by the way,I'm trying to help as much as I can and make some media for both engines (You'll see what I mean in the future)

Cheers,
Gencheff

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 17:49 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 17:51
fair enough i did not take world economy into account.

so i apologize.

on a serious note though i think in the right hands x10 as some awesome graphics and has a lot going for it these days.

and fully understand

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 19:59
Regardless of the support for FPSC X10, its still worth the money and nobody got ripped off.

Software support is entirely at the discretion of the developer. There is no contract when purchasing the software that says there will be free updates for life or indeed any updates at all.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 00:40
Quote: "You lost all credibility with this statement. Keep defending your dead product. "

How? Anything that's for sale is a commercial product. I could put one room with no enemies and no win zone, build it, and sell it as a game. That's still a commercial product.

*clears throat*
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 04:29
Nomad you're a talented guy, why do you keep using this product when udk is out there and free to use until you make a game. It really has a much better and intuitive pipeline for adding assets also.

On top of all that it has a very active community that has real plans of making real games. http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378 including this very active sub forum of people willing to pay real money for all kinds of work.
Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 14:07
how is x10 dead? i shifted all my focus to x10 over x9 and im glad i did. even with the new updates x9 still isnt right for me. 95% of all the model packs work so there is always more stuff!

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
and even if model packs don't work you can easily mess about until it does work.

which reminds me i must sort out them apoczomb scripts

Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 18:32
wow i hope u do science boy

does anyone else have problems with the apocolypse model pack 40? or just me?

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 21:56
I'm not even gonna bother. Too many biased nobs on this forum (excuse my French). crumbaker, it's not a wast of money, you can make commercial games with it, and it isn't dead. So kindly shut up and use X9 if you have to. No refund is being given because even if we got a refund we'd still have the app so it would basically be pirating. Welcome to the real world. Live with it. X10 and X9 have both advantages and disadvantages so neither are better than each other. As for support, TGC's support has been dropped, but who cares? Me and a few other users have been using X10 for so long that we know almost every error and bug about it. Just try and have the patience to look on the rest of the X10 boards, we've all helped each other at some point. I don't think anyone really cares what you think anyway. Sorry for speaking the truth.

-SSG

GLaDOS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 22:35
i thinks FPSCX10 rocks,and its much better than X9
and now everyone got a DX10 or 11 card (like me) so i think FPSCX10 IS NOT DEAD
PS:SikaSina Games can u help me solving my problem? heres the tread...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=173790&b=33

My fav. FPSC charater: Aiko
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 23:00
I have to agree with you there FPSC4E, and I've posted on there . It is only dead if the program is completely left alone, by both the company and the users. X10 isn't dad because there are still games being developed, maybe even ones privately. As FredP said, many of us have bought X10 and not regretted it. We all like X10 and probably prefer it over X9. Comprendé?

-SSG

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 00:07 Edited at: 8th Aug 2010 00:08
you guys are ignoring my one major point.

Why in the world would anyone use this over udk.

1. udk is free to use until you make a game then it's only $100 with 25 % royalty on any money you make over $5000.

2. udk has been used to make a ton of games (gears of war, ut3, bioshock, and many more)

3. very active community, some of which are offering money for you services. Everyone is mostly friendly too unlike here. I couldn't get any help when starting out despite doing a ton of research.

4. the developers haven't dropped support

5. very easy to use, like I said I've been able to import models much easier than with x10.

6. vehicle and real terrain options

7. Far better graphics

I could go on and on. Most of the stuff I see in the work in progress threads have been on the level of quake 2 graphics....a game over 10 years old. Stop supporting a company that has purposely given you false hope. Nobody is going to make a game that is going to be commercially profitable with x9 or x10.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 01:42
Quote: "Nobody is going to make a game that is going to be commercially profitable with x9 or x10. "

How do you explain Anderson and Operation Wolfsburg? They're commercial games made with FPSC and have made quite a bit each. To the extent where they're on torrents. I'd call that commercially profitable

Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 01:50
Quote: "How do you explain Anderson and Operation Wolfsburg? They're commercial games made with FPSC and have made quite a bit each. To the extent where they're on torrents. I'd call that commercially profitable"

I would love to see some sales figures to back up that claim. After watching the video of Operation Wolfsburg I don't think anyone would buy that except friends and family of the person who made it, and that's just out of pity.
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Mods can you lock this?This is becoming a flame soon

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 03:07
*Makes witty comment to make everyone else look stupid by comparison*

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 05:04
Quote: "After watching the video of Operation Wolfsburg I don't think anyone would buy that except friends and family of the person who made it, and that's just out of pity. "

It was in a popular German gaming magazine, when someone of higher status says somethings cool or advertises for a product, everyone buys it. Plenty of people got it just to check it out. Plenty of people got it just 'cause. Plenty of people got it because they thought it looked like a good game.

Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 09:03
Quote: "Why in the world would anyone use this over udk."

Because it's personal opinion.

Quote: "Stop supporting a company that has purposely given you false hope. Nobody is going to make a game that is going to be commercially profitable with x9 or x10."

TGC has not given me false hope, I came here thinking exactly what I am now. TGC has been wonderful to me, and Im sure they will continue to be.

If you are so against FPSC then why are you here arguing about it instead of on the UDK forums, because you clearly havent changed anyone's minds.

Quote: "After watching the video of Operation Wolfsburg I don't think anyone would buy that except friends and family of the person who made it, and that's just out of pity. "

Not rude at all, im sure the creator would like hearing that about their hard work.

Sorry you don't feel TGC has been fair to you, but I disagree.

Sorry to get in on this (as an X9 user only) but I felt I needed to voice my opinion.

-Vent

Vent Media - Free FPSC Media
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 20:37 Edited at: 8th Aug 2010 20:38
crumbaker: If your so against FPSC and TGC, why are you still hanging around here and arguing your point. if your time were really valuable to you, you'd just shut your mouth and go and use UDK. it seems as though your just someone who is out to bring down FPSC and TGC. if that is your motive.... Well good luck sir

EDIT: I really think this should be marked as flame bait!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 22:02 Edited at: 8th Aug 2010 22:04
Quote: "I would love to see some sales figures to back up that claim."

Anderson scored a net revenue of ~170.000 Euro for the publisher. However, this included 3 "bunch deals" with other publishers / distributors in foreign territories, so the total of generated net revenue will be somewhere between 200.000 and 250.000 Euro so far.

If you think, we got rich - nope. We received no profit from the project, however, our costs were covered and two of the team members had covered their costs of living for approx. 9 months.

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 22:08
Quote: "Mods can you lock this?This is becoming a flame soon"

I agree totally but i'm afraid the mods rarely visit the X10 forums, its getting a bit out of hand i have reported the thread and requested a lock to save everyone's butt a nice slapping.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 22:42
Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

For KeithC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:44:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:44:56