Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d studio max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 01:24
I've been useing 3D studio max for a while and while I know a great deal about modeling I still am haveing trouble with the infamous submenues of 3dstudio max, so heres my problem the pivot point with x,y,z bars is grey and red instead of green, blue and, red and my scene becomes a bounding box when I rotate or change view, freaky huh? Maybe not if this is stupid kindly tell me how to set up the pivot point (the x,y,z bars so that I don't have to lock x,y or z in order to move something and help me get rid of the bounding box please. thanx in advance.
We could have handled that better.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 01:44
i'm sure if we knew howto do it then most of us would be happier

i tried to do that once, but after about 3hours of working through the 700 odd user preferances i thought screw this i'll learn to live with its quirks.
all i can say is whatever you want UI wise is in the User Interface Customise options, but it may take a while to figure out where it is and what they've named it.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 19:55
I'm not really sure but I think that the problem with the Bounding boxes is the degradation override button on top of the animation bar and the Axis problem I think can be found in the preferences under viewport...You need to activate the transform Gizmo.

If it doesn't work or you already tried that,then sorry.

aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 02:36
Thanx actarus, you were right, I havn't fixed the other problem with the bounsding box, but I can cope.

aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 02:38
fixed the bounding boxes too you were right again, you're awesome thanxs actarus!

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 14:16
No problem m8.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:44:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:44:14