Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] Ship Invaders [DEMO]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 12:26 Edited at: 11th Aug 2010 08:06
Ship Invaders - DEMO

Developer: Metal Devil123

Info/Background:
So this was a game I started creating a long time ago, but never really got anywhere... I started redoing it again and.... it really got nowhere agian... then I thought about it many times, as well as Zombified (wichis being remade too, you'll see it someday). And if you were waiting for Neverdying Army to be released first, or if you were wanting Zombified more, then go flame PW Productions! Go hate on his work, wich... FORCED me to make this! So everyone, go hate PWP if you didn't want it.

Story:
A shapce ship Navita (latin = sailor) will be launcing a rocket tomorrow at 4.00 pm. The crew have spotted a planet. Everytime near that planet they get a weird signal about there being life in there. The could be able to see what's in there from the rocket and get out from there faster, if it's hostile. It's the first time that anyone has found a planet with life in it, so everyone is pretty excited, but the same time this is quite scary.

First seconds of the launch were a succes, until we noticed that they were too close to the planet. No, the rocket was safe to launch, but we were too close, that the creatures on that planet got in here and made a short circuit in the rocket. The creatures of that planet seemed to be just bugs... that's what we thougt at first. The whole ship was now in a state of emergency. The rocket killed everyone near it.

The whole ship is in a shutdown. Anyone doesen't know when it's gonna end. Nobody sees anything, except if they have a flashlight or a room with a generator in there. I didn't have neather.

Now the lights and the power is back on, for some areas. Some areas still don't have lights on and some areas have lights on, but nothing else works. I have been hearing voices behind the walls and everything. I am a security guard here, but I don't have a gun near me yet. In this time, the bugs have propably grown alot and´there must be hundreds of them. I hope they are not breeding, so that we don't have to deal with them so much. I still don't know are they hostile or animals, that hunt for food or are they a fiendly kind. I've seen so many movies to think that they are hostile, but it might be that movies will always remain fantasy. That's atleast what I hope.
Now that the power is on, I think I should go further away from here and look for anyone.

(yeah, kinda lazy, copied it from the old thread)

Screenshots:

And you all know I have problems with too much darkness, so I am still working on some stuff

Download:
<< Click the smiley!

Additional Notes:
I noticed after uploading the file (I know, I'm a dumbass for noticing so late), that there is some major problems.
-No melee wapon. I am buying store points soon, so I will get some Erran't beautiful weapons!
-Rifle in the second level. It's a placeholder, I am fixing it with store points.
-When you spawn in second level, there is ammo under your feet. Thsi is becouse in test game, I put as much ammo under my feet in second levels, that I was left with in the first level, and I delete the ammo afterwards. This time I forgot.
-And that's all from what I remember right now Hope you enjoy it anyways!

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 14:16
Looks very good !
Will download it when I come home for testing

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 20:49
Thanks RAXMUX! Anyone else feel interested? In the meantime, pointless screenie!

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice job!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 21:42 Edited at: 10th Aug 2010 21:45
The name is very near to Space Invaders, isn't it?
I'd change that to avoid confusion.

Your screenies look really great, already looking forward to get my hands on this!

*EDIT* Hell... after hours of waiting for you to fix the download link, now I found out that the smiley is a Link

I'll download and will get my hands on this

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 08:05
Quote: "Nice job!"

Thanks
Quote: "The name is very near to Space Invaders, isn't it?"

Why didn't I ever think of that...
Quote: "Hell... after hours of waiting for you to fix the download link, now I found out that the smiley is a Link "

Well, maby I'll put a text again to click the smiley to avoid confusion... deja vu...

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 14:19
Looks great, looks like good old scifi.
I thought it said space invaders

Poloflece

Register on my website for KOOL stuff
FPS Creator Games
Years of Service
User Offline
This Games Looks Great I'm Going to Download now
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 15:22
THanks, both of you Hope you'll enjoy it!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 16:20
looking good mate!

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 17:06
I can see only stock media. You should add some custom media on it.

Check for pure horror.
Heroefol
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 19:44
What the heck is wrong with stock media if you can use it so dang good!!
Looks great dude. Keep it up!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 00:43
if you use stock media properly, it can be really awesome

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 01:06
Quote: "if you use stock media properly, it can be really awesome"

Well said

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 09:52
Quote: "I can see only stock media. You should add some custom media on it."

I just love stock! Especially the sci-fi section!
Quote: "Looks great dude. Keep it up!"

Thanks!
Quote: "if you use stock media properly, it can be really awesome"

Thanks Mgarand! I agree!
Quote: "Well said"
^

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 23:31
Loved the demo, i also saw some of my models from grunge pack , some good stuff!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2010 06:02
Looks pretty nice, will d'l soon

[href=http://steamcard.com/]
If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
Assault Tek Games
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 22:38
Well your game needs work the enemies are way to fast and very strong and i never even got to finish the game and when i died i had to start all the way at the beginnig of the level ADD Checkpoints. but i did like the level detail and the nice music it fit the game very well. 7/10

Matthew Torres
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2010 15:17
Quote: "the enemies are way to fast and very strong "

I ment them to be kinda ultimate, but maby I went a bit overboard with them
Quote: "when i died i had to start all the way at the beginnig of the level ADD Checkpoints"

Well, bad news... this was an accident. When you die in the full game, it's game over instantly.
Quote: "but i did like the level detail and the nice music it fit the game very well."

Thanks!
And thanks for all your feedback!

FPSCGames
User Banned
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 00:35
This Game Looks good but it also looks very Hard I did like the demo i barely beat it with like no health left I Bet. I did really like it and now i'm thinking about downloading it again and making a video can i should i and if i do it will come out in 1 or 2 days

"FPSCreatorGames"
"Just a nice guy with a lot of time"

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2010 18:53 Edited at: 8th Sep 2010 18:53
Quote: "making a video can i should i and if i do it will come out in 1 or 2 days"

Sure, no problem! I have no problem with people creating videos from my games, I was just saying that some people may fins something wrong with it, in the other thread.

And be sure to drop a link here and I'll edit the first post to include it!

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2010 22:41
Nothing against stock. Other sci-fi packs just gives more atmosphere into your games.

Check for pure horror.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 22:40 Edited at: 26th Nov 2012 21:31
Quote: "Nothing against stock. Other sci-fi packs just gives more atmosphere into your games."

Well, there is some Cosmic Prophet stuff there too. TBH I don't know that many sci-fi packs, but I haven't checked FPS-Files or so, in a while. Got any suggestions.

And one more thing! Always, when I am looking at the forums, it lags at your posts. Everything runs fine, but when your posts appear on the screen, it starts lagging... I don't know if it's your signature or something, but it just does that... on every post you make... weird...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Its nice to see your game.I hope you will make more project this time

Hello
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 12:06 Edited at: 26th Nov 2012 21:29
Quote: "Its nice to see your game.I hope you will make more project this time"

Yeah, the game itself is actually ready, but there is still some things about building the game and I'm yet to do all the loading screens. And as someone mentioned, the enemies are too over powering, so I am trying to get them right, so that they are challenging, yet not too challenging. But I don't want to make them too easy, as many shooters here seem to have (not pointing out anything).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh thats good idea MetalDevil

Hello
xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, looks great! keep up the awsome work! (and for the record i think the lighting is perfect)

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 20:49
Quote: "hey, looks great! keep up the awsome work! (and for the record i think the lighting is perfect)"

Thanks! Altho I restarted this whole project as I wasn't completely pleased with the levels here. But you can see the new WiP thread in the WiP section, it's called:
Escape From Prison Mars (Project Name)

BSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 12:27
Looks good. I like it.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 11:03 Edited at: 10th Feb 2011 13:54
I just played "Ship invaders" 3 times and here is my review.

The Good:

- Lighting
Dark enough to create atmosphere, but still bright enough to see your suroundings. The different colours used in lighting are also related enough to make the whole map(s) look cohesive. A little overuse of light-including segments but otherwise well balanced.
- Segments
Who says, one should avoid stock segments? With the new shaders they look terrific and this game made good use of them. Unfortunately the non-shaded stuff appears dull&dark compared to it but overall the whole map(s) look quite "real". And the use of WoId's "Stock Media Upgrade" added some atmosphere too.
-Sounds&Music
Its probably just my personal attitude but I'm a follower of the "less is more" philosophy. The background music fitted the optical appearance well - and still wasn't annoying after 20 minutes of play (a lot of FPSC games have incredible annoying "action" music).
-Gameplay
Balancing or climbing scenes are often annoying in FPSC games, but here they worked just right. Some concentration was needed to avoid falling to death(?) while balancing or checkign out doors but nothing unfair.
-Custom Screens
Nothing fancy but well designed and fitting.

The Bad:

-Enemies
Much too fast. And they keep shoving forward, so they get besides or even behind the player character. Did I mention they are way too fast?
-Boss Fight
Everything that could go wrong did. First, the Boss was stuck at the scenery 2 of 3 times he spawned. Second, he was obviously invulnerable as long as certain conditions didn't apply (Spoiler)
Third, I couldn't get pass him and died all 3 times trying so.
-Switches
They where hard to see which wouldn't have been such a problem if the "Press Enter" hud wouldn't pop up even while youre standing with the switch behind you. Either the script should be edited or the switches be put in front of the expected path of the player (or a shader used on them). These old scripts using only the PLRWITHIN condition to pop up huds are really getting annoying.

The Ugly
-Player briefing
If someone does a custom menu and loading screen, I expect at least a single-screen briefing what this is all about. Not everybody cares to search for the according forum thread prior to playing.
-Models
The tie-wearing zombies really crushed the whole atmosphere everytime they showed up. Rather use the stock zombies than these guys.

On my personal demo scale its a well-earned 3.5 out of 5 and I'd call it "A good example, that it pays off to rely on the things the FPSC editor was really made for"

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 15:45
Quote: "WoId's "Stock Media Upgrade" added some atmosphere too"

Thanks, but I acutally didn't use them at all

Quote: "-Enemies
Much too fast. And they keep shoving forward, so they get besides or even behind the player character. Did I mention they are way too fast?"

Yeah, I'm really sorry about this... I think I went a bit overboard with the enemy speed, but I realized it after releasing this...

Quote: "Second, he was obviously invulnerable as long as certain conditions didn't apply "

No, you didn't have to do anything else then shoot at it... but when I played this again, I know where you're coming from, when you said
Quote: "Third, I couldn't get pass him and died all 3 times trying so"

Quote: "Player briefing"

Sorry about this too.. altho I try to take care of all the necessary stuff, I still forget ALOT of obvious things... sorry.

Quote: "-Models"

I forgot all about the stock zombies! Damn... but now I have Viral Outbreak, so you won't be seeing anymore stupidly stupid mob zombies in space

Thanks for taking your time playing and reviewing! It really helps me in the future

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 15:48 Edited at: 10th Feb 2011 15:51
Quote: "Thanks, but I acutally didn't use them at all "
I thought the half-stuck door at least was WoId's. If you made it yourself - Kudos.

Quote: "No, you didn't have to do anything else then shoot at it"
Could be then that he didnt actually take damage while being stuck as I did put 40+ bullets into him twice

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 15:51
Quote: "I thought the half-stuck door at least was WoId's. If you made it yourself "

I just placed the entity door like that. Thanks.

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2011 23:24
The first enemy scared me out of my skin!
The demo was good, but lacked some things that many people above had said.

Overall a good 9/10

If you can see the enemy, they can see you.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Core i5 2.27ghz, nVIDIA GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, DirectX 11
Darkline - Coming 2011

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:50:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:50:23