Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / LUT based color grading shader (not working)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, just like the title says, i'm trying to get a post processing shader working here, essentially it's a color grading shader. The principle behind this can be better explained here:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ColorGrading.html

It's a technique used by the unreal engine 3, boosts the visual appearance, makes things more dynamic, and helps set the mood.

I've already begun work on this project, and i've ran into some issues. It's been about a year and a half since i last used the gdk, which is sad because it's a very capable engine.

The first issue, i'm not even sure it's an issue, but when i assign a texture to stage 1 of my plane, it just turns gray, if i set it to stage 0, it displays fine so i know the image is loading. however this shader requires the object to have two textures, one at stage 0 for diffuse, and 1 which is the color lookup table. My second problem is with the actual shader itself, when i assign it to an object, it fails. Not sure why, the object turns gray, and nothing happens.

Since this is a post processing shader, my plane should be altered to fill the viewspace, but like i said before, all that happens is the object turns gray.

I've attached my progress as of yesterday, i've really gotten nowhere since then so no point in adding anything recent lol.

I'd greatly appreciate any help anybody can give me, this is quite important to my current project.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 09:59
Search for Evolved's shaders and the ones that MistaWilson ported to the GDK. In there is an example of a Deferred Rendering shader that you should have a look at. It uses three textures per object, if I'm not mistaken.
Indecom
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant seem to find anything by MistaWilson except for the water shader example. I've downloaded the ultimate shader pack, i guess that will have to do, i know there are some bloom shaders in there, maybe they'll help.

Has anyone been able to look at this who can easily tell what's up?
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 14:01
on the same page of the water shader example there are a ton more of shader examples

hi
Indecom
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, i ended up figuring out what was wrong with my shader, thanks for the direction guys

As of right now this shader is set up so it can be changed into what i need, and also changed into standard color correction like you find in the unreal engine 3. If you guys want i can edit up a smooth version of the shader (right now the colors are limited)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 07:36:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 07:36:35