Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / ERROR - Runtime Error 7008

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
When I have build my game, I start it up.
Press "New Game" and this shows up:

Error
"Runtime Error 7008 - Object does not exist at line 16902"

Can someone help me please
Thanks
silver fox
Years of Service
User Offline
why is it that this run-time error is all over the internet, but yet in the form, no one seems to address it? is it that you guys don't know what is going on yet, or have i just not found a post with a solution or some kind of heads up on what you are doing to fix this?

not to nitpick because it is common for programs to have issues, but i am using fps creator as a required program in my game development class in college. the game that needs to be made with fpsc is due in 2 weeks and i have not been able to work on it for the past week!

i have purchased the bonsai pack and am using the 1.17 update...

my custom tower specs...
win 7 64
intel core 2 quad 3.2
8 gig ram
ati hd 4890
1080 multi monitor displays.
nastasache
Years of Service
User Offline
silver fox, there I found at least two kind of errors:
- Runtime error <x>, object does not exist at line <y>
- Error <118> Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line <z>,
both very poorly handled in terms of debugging or in terms of solid answers by the people using FPSC.
I think this is because these errors may have very different reasons, and I think the only main programmers of the FPSC can provide a strong and valued answer. But they maybe are too busy to do an answer.
But: by what I saw until now, you can escape from these errors keeping using FPSC in a clean and organized way:
- set the UAC in administrator mode under Vista/Win7
- be organized regarding folders structure and content inside (especially avoiding to have references to the files which not exists)
- do a regulary update of FPSC (in you case for example, updating from 1.17 to 1.18 when available, even is new version is a beta)
- being carefully when add the custom media (for example a .fpe file having animmax > 200 will generate the second error above)
I am not at all an expert on FPSC, but I realized I can use FPSC very well thinking by rules above.
silver fox
Years of Service
User Offline
@nastasache i really appreciate the advice and pointing me in a direction with what is going on... my errors consisted of the 7008...

@ any one else in hopes to solve this issue

i have since last night done 2 different things that solved this run-time error. (at least for me)

1. i have changed the program compatibilities to emulate "xp 32 service pack 3" when running fpsc.
- right click on program icon/ properties/ compatibility tab/ set to xp 32 sp3...

2. i deleted the actual Game Creators folder. ware the program should be located on ur hard drive. then i used the add/remove programs to "Restore" the program. the uninstaller has this as an option.

( i chose to do this because uninstalling fpsc and reinstalling it didn't make a difference. )

since then i have reinstalled all of the packs and updated back to 1.17.

haven't had any errors yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:11:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:11:07