Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DP Emitters maximum allowed..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 22:45
Is there a limit on the number of emitters I can have? I understand that the emitter uses a DB object so I am using 16000 as my emmiter starting number but when i get a few emitters I get a memoty exception error when I create several emitters?

I am creating them using an array and as one emitter expires its on a timer I reuse the emitter number or if there are none expired I reused the number, I check if the emitter exists and if it does I delete it and recreate it...
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2010 18:46
I did some experimenting and found that I could have 10,000 emitters showing (I used 16000 as the ID #) at one time. Anything above that would not show up. I was using a 32 X 32 image that is 3.05KB in size. I also coded multiple emitters that could be deleted while in-game. It worked flawlessly without problems.

I have 2.5 GB of system RAM. Something else you might consider is using FLUSH VIDEO MEMORY near the start of your program. Perhaps you could post the code you are using.

So many games to code.......so little time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:10:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:10:29