Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / TODO checklist doesn't save checked off items

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 22:52
I check off an item in my todo list, save the project and close the IDE. When I restart and load the project my previous checked items are unchecked

I've tried all manner of saving to try and get it to work, but it doesn't seem to work at all.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 13:17 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2010 13:55
I agree.

It rather defeats the purpose of having a To Do list.

I tested this using DBPro U7.5 and the Jun 23 2010 build of the editor.

Edit

Just done some investigating and the values you choose are correctly stored in the dbpro file but seem to be ignored when you load the project. Also, if you then save the project again with the todo list items apparently unchecked and unchanged they still show as checked in the dbpro file. So there are at least two problems here:

1. Save Project doesn't save the displayed ToDo list status correctly unless you have made changes.
2. Load Project does not correctly display the saved status of the ToDo list items - they are all displayed as unchecked regardless of the dbpro file contents.

Looks to me as if this feature was never tested.

Edit2 I think Save Project only changes what it thinks has changed instead of the whole project. This can get rather confusing if it doesn't display the correct staus. For example, if you create a ToDo list of 4 items and check them all then save the project you'll see the flags are all correctly set to 1 in the dbpro file.

When you next load the file they all display as unchecked. If you then check and uncheck just one item so they all look unchecked and then close the project you'll see that the flag for the one you changed is set to 0 but the others remain as 1 despite all of them showing as unchecked in the editor.

Overall it might be helpful if Save Project saved everything which is what I assumed it did till I saw this bug report.
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 20:21
Hey,

Sorry I forgot to say which version of the IDE I was using. Thanks Green Gandalf for doing further investigation, I would've looked into it more but it was getting late and I had a choice of either snuggle in bed with the misses and watch tv or track down a bug

At least it was half implemented
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 23:26
Quote: "I would've looked into it more but it was getting late and I had a choice of either snuggle in bed with the misses and watch tv or track down a bug"

Perhaps we need a forum vote on that one?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:15:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:15:30