Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DGDK] No Name Yet, Smash like fighting game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2010 23:03 Edited at: 5th Sep 2010 23:12
Yes, i know there are some developers that are doing this already, like TheComet and the creators of TGC Heroes, but i had begun on this before i even knew of those projects. However, i had to take this into my own hands and make this game for the people to enjoy. i started this game back on february of 2009, i alone have made all the code, all of the animations, and MOST of the models. not all. credit will be given when i release the game.

This game is highly configurable:
you can add up to 50 different characters, add specific combos, powers, ablilities, and many more things per character. I will also release the animation separator along with this game.

you can add up to 50 different maps, maps that include damage zones, barriers, highly configurable moving objects or zones, add triggers, spawning points, item spawning points, ledges, water, lava, ice, reduced/increased/no gravity zones; all of these can move on a predefined pattern. the game will contain a level editor for this kind of zones, you just import your DBO map and then import your ledges/boundaries etc. adding a map will be as easy as editing a text file or using the mapadder.

There is a limited Online capability right now for this game. it uses Multisync (Thank you Benjamin), and has a chat feature, you can see the other players connected as boxes moving around, however items and some other things are not calculated over the net(you can only see how they move around). up to 12 players will be supported, i could have added more but it would have been a mess. up to 6 players on the same computer.

There are various modes, like time, kills, and other special modes that some halo fans will be used to(wont spoil the surprise)

There is also a capability of up to 50 different items, right now im working on this, but it will also be higly configurable, items that spawn other items, healing items... etc, you get the idea, the favorite items on some of the Smash Brothers games will be included.

Some of the characters on the screenshots might not be on the release, its just for demonstration purposes.

This game can be played with any gamepad or keyboard. been tested with up to 4 controllers and 1 keyboard. The controls are a bit different than normal smash games. Smashes are almost the same, wont notice the difference. jumping is mapped to a key and also when you press up on the stick. You know on the normal smash games you have A and B, on this game there will be a third button, which is normally used for running and wall jumping, but it will have more features on a future.

Not wanting to spoil the surprise i will not say more. There are some Videos on Youtube of older versions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwejvk3oDDY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-8qO2QgXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJUph3iiVFw

Oh yes, i wanted to thank Sparky. i use your plugin and its great for what i needed. just found a way of using it to simulate real-like physics on my projectiles and items.

Blocking/Item Use/Projectile demonstration:

Moving Boat/Swimming

3 Players/Different Skins, Evade/Items

Many more Pictures can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=231001&id=662327342&l=8a6dd09abf

Credit for textures will be given at time of the release of the demo, there was a fixed date for the release which was May the 10nth, but i wanted to throw some more things in there before releasing to the public. there is no specific day for this because right now my priority is to finish school.

hi
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2010 11:28
Quote: "you can add up to 50 different maps, maps that include damage zones, barriers, highly configurable moving objects or zones, add triggers, spawning points, item spawning points, ledges, water, lava, ice, reduced/increased/no gravity zones; all of these can move on a predefined pattern. the game will contain a level editor for this kind of zones, you just import your DBO map and then import your ledges/boundaries etc. adding a map will be as easy as editing a text file or using the mapadder."

Sounds great. The screenshots look very promising as well. As long as you work on the animations (if you haven't done that already, since the videos seem to be quite old), this game will most certainly be very fun. Playing with so many players on a single PC is a pretty cool thing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:31:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:31:03