Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / C.O.T.U~ Call of the Underworld (A ZOMBIE TDS)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2010 23:02 Edited at: 6th Nov 2010 04:03

Welcome to the world of C.O.T.U, where surving hordes of zombies and blowing their guts out is like breathing.... Ok maybe not so much like breathing, but you get the point here.

C.O.T.U's story revolves around a character named "Calvin Stutford". He is a WWII Veteran and often has horrible flashbacks. The game takes place (for the most part) in the late 40's. The campaign is coming soon, and is currently under production!

C.O.T.U's best feature is it's survival mode!

Also, please click the in-game help button to learn how to play and what survival mode is all about. Plus a basic strategy for the Starter map: The Bunker

Also check out some of the extra maps for survival mode!

Survival Mode is Currently: 99% Complete
Campaign is Currently: 6% Complete

I might also add achievements to the game, but what the achievements are is up to the people who submit them!

Here is a list of weapons (27):

There's also Top 100 Online Highscores! So try to get up there

Credits:

Download link:
href]null[/href]http://www.mediafire.com/?lcybeqqxkz3akbo

LIMITED TIME HALLOWEEN EXPANSION PACK: UNZIP AND PLACE CONTENETS INTO THE GAME FOLDER AND RUN THE GAME TO GET YOUR UNIQUE CODE TO UNLOCK A NEW WEAPON!:
http://www.mediafire.com/?swn6q4b56rtylbp

Trailer: (Low Quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRsnzDLVtL0

Forum: (Not so active as of yet)
http://cotu.msnyou.com/

Extra Maps descriptions:

Known Bugs/Glitches:

Report any glitches you find!

Controls:

Beta Codes:

Alternate Controls (Not really reccomended)

NEW UPDATES FOR V.5.1:

Now there is non-sticky WASD controls
Patched up all the many bugs in "The Factory"
Bug fixes
Added a halloween event with a game code feature that you can download to get a in-game Grim Reaper Sythe!
Added "Head Chops" for the the Sythe, Butcher, and Frying pan. The head flys off and blood spurts out of the neck stub
Made limbs have blood trails & puddles
New sound effects!
Ai speed glitches are less likely to happen
Dual Magnums added!
Fixed it so that dogs don't randomly die anymore!
Some better collisions
Zombies now don't run over the AI player...
Able to turn sound off from the options menu

C.O.T.U= Survival Mode: 95% Complete Campaign: 5% Complete
MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 16:10 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 16:19
downloading...
Ill get back to you tomorrow when I can play it. Sounds like fun. Is that image at the top what actual game play looks like?

[regarding alternate controls]
It is comfortable for me to use the arrow keys in games. there are different ways to code arrow key controls than just if upkey()=1 then... using keystate and scancode instead has worked wonders for me in the past.

I can also use WASD just as well but im just saying that it could be something to look into and work on (not to distract you from the campaign work).

Cant wait 55% downloaded!
I love killing the undead!

metal is not music but a way of life...all hail to the reigning king METALLICA!!! [EDIT] ...well... up until "Load" came out.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 20:01 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 20:11
Ok first of all this is made in Game Maker. Im not sure if its allowed to post that here but im not sure so i will not make any further comment on that.

The reload time is kinda slow im not sure, try and make some kind of message that the reload is finished or that the player is reloading.

The movement is very weird, i sometimes stop moving for no reason.

You seem to have been inspired by Nazi Zombies on the survival mode

Overall the game is kind of bugged and confusing sometimes, but still pretty fun.

Try to fix all the bugs and shorten down the help menu in the beginning so its not too much to read.

9cdfb439c7876e703e307864c9167a15
MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 22:27
This took absurdly long to initialize for me(not sure that it is the game or my system) my system plays other, more processor and gpu intensive, games fine so i am leaning towards the game.

I agree ... the controls are very weird. i would think that WASD movement would be in relation to the characters angle. So that if you held "A" and moved the mouse around, your direction would contour to correspond with well...the characters angle.

I thought it was fun in general but... whats up with the zombies running as fast as i do? personally I like slow zombies, but hordes of slow zombies, to the point where you feel like its only a matter of time till the onslaught totally engulfs you, zombies.

once the game finally loaded, like i said it was fun. I died very fast due to the fact that the controls were slightly cumbersome(to me at least), but i had a great time dying....cant say that often.

it IS a WIP so I hope you dont take offense to anything ive said. I hope you listen, learn, and say SHUT THE HELL UP!
No really tho this is a great concept, just needs a few tweaks and some polishing and you are good to go.(except for the campaign of course)
Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see where you take this.

metal is not music but a way of life...all hail to the reigning king METALLICA!!! [EDIT] ...well... up until "Load" came out.
Goreblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 13:14 Edited at: 16th Sep 2010 03:45
Thanks for the feed back, yes the game does start up slowly on slower computers...but then again you said that your system normally works fine on better games. Note that the game does go slower when you have more than 20 zombies out at a time, or when there is an absurd, nearly impossible amount, of gore on the screen. So it does slow the game down a little when that happens. But it doesnt normally go slow?

Yes the controls are sticky, and for the next update I shuld have them smooth (for both arrow keys and WASD)

And the extra fast zombies is almost a "bug". It used to be slower, but I need to change it a little.

@begice- yes it was used from Game Maker 7 pro, and i wasnt sure if it was allowed here also, so i looked at another topic here, and I thought one more? That was based on GM's coding language GML. So I hope so? I think i might release a "bug" update next week or so, just fixing up the annoying stuff.

And the banner is kinda actually gameplay. The banner was made in flash, and my friend who made the banner imported some of the game's graphics into it, and gave the flash of the gun some lighting.

Overall, thanks!

Goreblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 04:06
NEW UPDATE!

A lot has been added since V.5 of C.O.T.U!

Also get your Grim Reaper Sythe while you can, I think I'll close the link down after American Thanksgiving day, or on the last day of November. Then I'll save the expansion pack .zip for something else in the future...(Prizes for a C.O.T.U tournament where you try to get your name on top of the highscore list in one week on a new highscore list or something?)

Thanks for playing!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2010 14:24
I wouldn't think that The Game Creators would be too happy to know that you are putting a game made using the software of their 'competitors'.

It looks like a fairly fun game but I thought Gamemaker was a drag and drop style game engine...

Sorry to be negative as you've obviously put a lot of work in here but it's pretty likely this thread will be locked by a moderator if noticed.

Goreblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 22:44
Yeah that is true, I do have some of their software, but I think I need to reinstall DarkBASIC...never used it in awhile/got into it..

And no Gamemaker is not a drag and drop style program. There is a few drag and drop features to use for begginers, but you couldn't even recreate a Pac-man game doing that. Gamemaker is based off scripting and coding on object orientated programming. But when you make a "room" you use drag and drop features to place objects, tiles, backgrounds, control objects, etc.

And yes I thought about that before I signed up. I HATE GameMaker's forum...They're terrible, they can't run even a smidget of customer service... So if it gets closed it gets closed, saw a few GameMaker topics on here through the power of google, so I thought "what the heck".

I also searched for the "official rules" of the W.I.P forum, but there isn't any? So I wasn't sure and posted this. So yes, I understand your point.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 17:32:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 17:32:08