Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Cubits - A puzzle game that can last forever

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I'm currently working on this puzzle game and need people to test it and comment it. Specifically on the gameplay.

I don't want to say anything else for now in case it may affect people when testing the game. But one thing I need to mention again is that this game can last forever depending on the player.

So without further ado, just download the file, unzip and play. Hope you all enjoy it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 01:10 Edited at: 15th Sep 2010 01:19
well, i gave it a shot and, tbh, probably won't try it again in its current state. after a few minutes "the fun was done", and a rare occasion where i can't think of anything to offer toward the "fun factor" of a WIP i come across here. alas, it's only my opinion and maybe you or someone else has something in mind in that regard.

meanwhile, here's the obligatory screenshot with the hope it inspires more comment:

add: i think i got a glimmer of an idea, afterall - if you put the game on a timer, i think it would help. ie, "Score as many Touches as you can in 60 seconds" and/or, maybe, a 5 minute "Game Clock" plus "Score 10 Touches in 60 seconds for Bonus Points" that might double each time you earn it. you get the idea.

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA . DBPro V7.5
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit

Attachments

DB_Newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 08:19 Edited at: 15th Sep 2010 08:23
@Virtual Nomad

Thanks a lot for testing it. Yeah I expected testers to either have a short fun moment or none at all. Which is fine.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to make it more enjoyable and make people want to play it more. Which is always a difficult thing to do.

I thought of adding timers of some sort, but this game is meant for the Intel Appup competition and in the judging criteria, it said to avoid games with timers. So I tried it.

But I am trying to figure out how to better improve the gameplay. Before I thought of introducing "dangerous" colours 1 by 1. Or perhaps change the black squares to stars and the player can try connecting them to get bonus points (which will then reset the board).

But I do appreciate your feedback. The timer thing can be a gameplay mode that the player can choose from the main menu.

I'm hoping to get more comments to get more ideas about improving the gameplay. Oh and if you have further suggestions, don't hesitate to post ^^

EDIT: BTW, I'm trying to figure out what I can put in the background that won't distract the players too much. If anyone has any suggestions. (I thought of having the background change everytime the player earns 5000 points or something)
DB_Newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone.

I decided to add 3 modes to the game. I would appreciate it if you guys can take your time out to test my game and comment on it (no matter how bad the comment can be).

Also if there are any bugs, glitches or the like, please post them so I can fix them ^^

Hope you enjoy this version.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:41:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:41:14