Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [DKShop] Limb intersection command with dbpro U75 doesn't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2010 03:34 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2010 04:26
I've been on a year long break from the dark basic community and tools. So first of, I am not sure where to put this thread, the dbpro bug forum, or the dll talk forum.. please move this to its respective place if I made a mistake.

Just recently I decided to pick up where I left on a project of mine and was demotivated to continue once I found out the latest patch available today of dbpro broke the limb intersection commands in dk shop -_-

Is this a known issue that will be fixed? Or do I continue on with U74 where it worked like it should. Not sure if I still have the U74 patch of dbpro on my computer but I'll search the forums for it a bit.

Thank you in advance.

edit,
Here is the intersectLimb demo from dkshop that can verify my issue.

The Taffer (+TaffED)
A thief inspired game along with the mission editor (DBPro). [on hiatus]
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2010 15:21
Here's the right place, because this isn't a DBPro bug.

TBH, this is a part of the reason that we have long betas. It's a chance for people to check that their plug-ins continue to work after changes.

So right now you have three choices (listed in order of how long each will take IMO):
1. Revert to 7.4 (links to release versions can always be found in my post in the bug forum).
2. Attempt to contact Dmitry and ask if he'll release a fixed version.
3. Try and work out what change broke the plug-in, fix it without breaking anything else, and then submit source code changes to me to include in 7.6

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2010 22:54
I understand the need for the beta releases, but unfortunately (for me more than likely ) I have not been an active dark basic user during the past year. So there is no way I can blame this on anyone but myself.

What I will do is continue on with the patch of dark basic pro where the plugin was working the way I needed it to work, and I will attempt to contact Dmitry meanwhile.

Thank you for your input.

I was sure I remembered a place where there was a list of dark basic patches. So it was you who wrote it

The Taffer (+TaffED)
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 00:22
Quote: "I have not been an active dark basic user during the past year"

Sorry, but even we can't run a beta that long

It might be worth asking the man whether there's someone who he's willing to send the code to so that it's supported - he being quite difficult to get hold of sometimes.

It may even be possible to integrate the intersect command with DBPro directly rather than have it in a separate plug-in.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 01:50 Edited at: 24th Sep 2010 01:57
@ Lukas W & IanM,

Remember the same sort of problems happening with these DKPlugin commands for me at various stages of upgrade with DBPro. Also remember IanM's help then. Somewhere on my harddrive I have a working version of these plugins for pretty much every version of DBPro.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, this configuration of DKPlugin stuff works for me (Vista, latest version DBPro 7.5). See attached. Enjoy (hopefully).

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 02:17
Duffer,

You are the best! Thank you very much, it is working perfectly fine on U75 for me

The Taffer (+TaffED)
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 02:20
I'm going to post all the versions I have to that other post I've put in the DLLs forum...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:23:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:23:53