Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Midi Evolved (Qmidi Studio sequal)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 07:41 Edited at: 1st Oct 2010 07:44
I started making a 3d interface for my next music editor and i have already written the core playback engine and it sounds amazing.

I'll start off with some of the features:
-16 tracks editting
-3d interface
-midi load and save support
-pritty much all the bells and whistles that qmidi studio has but...
-(no midi card required!) this is the big one!

and ill explain....
if you load in a midi file and play it..... its not midi playing back but recorded wav instruments. With this active you will not need any midi support from your sound card as it does not use it at all.

-
i have tested it out so far with one of my favorite mega man tunes and here is the comparison of a standard midi file and a recording taken from Midi Evolved. It sounds very promissing!

Hopefully this editor will be done by early feburary....depends on how crazy i go with the features

Development & Editting

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 07:45
Im still mainly working on the 3d stuff at the moment so the interface may change a tad on the final release

Development & Editting
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
It's gonna be HUGE!!! I have listened to the track!
Awesome!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking great so far, a long cry from the original qmusic. One thing though, will it save wav or midi? If it's not midi you should put a few more octaves in.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 19:13 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2010 19:13
it saves and loads midi.....but does not use the midi synthesizer!

Also it records to wav,ogg

Development & Editting
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2010 14:15
What exactly do you mean with '3D-interface'?

I really had some fun experimenting with qmidi studio, but did not succeed in creating something of quality. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to seeing - and especially hearing - more of your software.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2010 03:45 Edited at: 5th Oct 2010 03:49
3d interface meaning exactly that...lol

all the gadgets are drawn in a 3d enviroment.... the notes are in 3d and when you zoom in on a section for editting it realy shows its in 3d. Qmidi studio used absolutely no 3d graphics whatsoever.

So it should come out very interesting and unique. This will be a much better editor then the last and i hope to make it even easier to use then the last one.

Oh! also i plan on sending the first release with a bunch of premade loops this time.... It will be an overall better packaged deal!

If you guys have any thoughts about improving from qmidi studio then lets hear your ideas. If i like them i will code them in!

Development & Editting
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2010 12:16
Quote: "3d interface meaning exactly that...lol

all the gadgets are drawn in a 3d enviroment.... the notes are in 3d and when you zoom in on a section for editting it realy shows its in 3d. Qmidi studio used absolutely no 3d graphics whatsoever."

So it's just a graphical feature? I just thought you might have been talking about some sort of totally inventive interface-revolution thing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to screenshots.

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not going to be only graphical!!!
Haven't you listened to the samples?! And also, it will line up other features, but wait for the official versio.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 04:36
Well its basicaly like a 3d hud.... customizable and the notes apearence will be customizable yet will use all 3d models. For the most part it will have some 3d fx during playback to make it look fancy. The fact that its using a camera in the view port opens up a huge amount of flexibility. The other editor was not customizable and was not in 3d at all.

Anyways i promiss this will be realy good!!! Im already going crazy about its performance.

Development & Editting
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
3d interface sounds cool! Keep it up.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 09:51 Edited at: 11th Oct 2010 23:22
here is an example of it being a 3d interface...lol

this is still a major wip but it does float around space during playback. I plan on adding a few themes to use and space happens to be one of them.

edit:
So i did some major sound overhauling and if i record a sample now it should even be better then the last 1 i posted....just for fun does anyone want to provide me with a midi file they want to hear played back with Midi Evolved?

It will sound alot different for sure!

Post a [.MID] file here and i will convert the first few using my new editor and repost the resulting mp3

Development & Editting
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
OOOO
I have never seen anything like that in a music composer.
It's gonna be cool Keep up the good work.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 08:55
Quote: "just for fun does anyone want to provide me with a midi file they want to hear played back with Midi Evolved?"

No takers? it can be any midi file....

And thanks for the comments.... Im definetly pushing this to be a good graphical interface. Once i get everything done im going to spend hours on each model to perfect the graphics to look original and sleek.

The best part of this editor already that im seeing is that the screen is stretchable and the notes scroll during playback rather than flipping pages.

Right now its in a proto type stage.... but ill keep the screen shots comming.

Development & Editting
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2010 08:00 Edited at: 26th Oct 2010 15:43
Well just an update to break the silence....

Qmidi Studio is almost ready for the big 1.2 Release.

Ive added a neat feature to it that generates random music loops.
Its in an early stage at the moment but i can see its going to work very nicely

A screen shot from that:

Also some fix'es such as Auto Tempo correction while loading midi files. The program will now just load them in and have the right tempo set ready to rock without playing the guessing game.
Also the much needed (my documents folder) is now being used to allow users to leave UAC turned on if they wish... Any loop files or music files, dts files will all now be stored in the my doc folder under Qmidi Studio

Midi Evolved update:
Ive been working on both editors at the moment and i must say they are both starting to get better. Ive been mainly working on the menu items at the moment but the music quality is excelent! With Midi Evolved it almost sizes every song correctly and nails the tempo down. Im glad to say that pitch bending is not going to be an issue since im using wav sounds for playback.... ive done the nessesary calculations to make the sound file bend with a frequency adjustment. It sounds good!

And hear is an updated screenshot on this editor...
and a song showcasing the pitch bending using wav sound instruments

And ill post that song here in the next post (need to record it first)

Development & Editting
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2010 08:32 Edited at: 26th Oct 2010 08:36
Actualy i just noticed the pitch bend is recoiling a tad at the end...lol

Ill fix it first (the code) and then record it later this week.

but for now here is another song i recorded with Midi Evolved:

sound familiar? its from Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Mystic Caves

Development & Editting

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks good. Maybe I can sneak this into my orcrestra and not have to play .

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow!!!!
Thats awesome and very very unique!!
Sometimes and especially with closed eyes, you can even notice the instruments real sound, which gives the song a non-midi feel. Keep going hard.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 02:35 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 02:35
Im doing a complete restart on this editor.... i have found some better ways of coding this and am forced to restart... This may be delayed until late next year.... sorry guys.

For now i have updated Qmidi Studio to 1.2 so you can download and use that for now.

Visit: http://www.deved-portal.com/smd3d

Development & Editting

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:08:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:08:54