Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] [1.17 with Project Blue} TEAM DEATHMATCH

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 06:06 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2010 21:27
MiddleEast Team Deathmatch
Level and game design BY SHAKLEFORD-My AIM is randomcreations0 Whenever u want a game hit me up.

Media-Shakleford(Menu Music),Model Pack 27,Model Pack 30,Model Pack 43,Cosmic Prophet,EAI,JFletcher,Stock FPSC Media,lotgd(If anyone was forgotten sorry and just hit me up and Ill add you.)

Description:Two teams Battle for the most kills in a Middle Eastern setting. Each team has "classes".
Assault-g36c,p226 handgun
QCB-p90e,870p1 shottie
Heavy Gunner-m249a,g22se handgun
Sniper-m700a3, jcs14 shottie
Each player spawns with their primary weapon with their seconday weapon and ammo in front of them.
Look for many ways to get on rooftops.

Please tell me what you think and any thing you see that could need improvement.
EDIT:I found a bug. If u fall off the taller wooden ladders you will fall through map and game will crash. Until i fix it just be careful and dont fall. Besides u have a gun in ur hands....safety first

Download Link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1SOSVLT4

My name is Shakleford, Rusty Shakleford, I refuse to speak without my attorny present. I am Mr. Shaklefords attorny Rusty Shakleford, my client pleads insanity.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 09:39
Your images don't show up. You sure to put them like this:

'cause I see you have some "null" thing going on in there. The game has a promising idea and I'd really like to see this. You got everything almost right, but there is still some points in hte rules you should follow.

Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 10:35
Thanx Metal Edited first post

My name is Shakleford, Rusty Shakleford, I refuse to speak without my attorny present. I am Mr. Shaklefords attorny Rusty Shakleford, my client pleads insanity.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi nice map design.It remind of CS.

How you use Project Blue in V1.17?

Hello
bman332211
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 16:25
Quote: "How you use Project Blue in V1.17?"

Project blue 1.8C is meant for V117 and V118

@Shakleford

This looks very promising, i like the screens

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 16:52 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2010 16:52
Looks already promising! But needs lots of detail to be added in my view

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 17:37
Looks very CS-ish. Nice work. Now if I got anyone to play and hope it has no Waiting to Join bugs...

Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 18:33 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2010 19:13
Thanx for the responses guys.

@Leon and Metal. Thanx guys and yea the "urban" part of the map was definately inspired by CS.

@bman, Thanx dude, i had taken those screens ina hurry cuz all my other screen of the map had a skybank that crashed in MP.

@D0MINIK Yea it does need more aesthetic details. But im hoping i get enough feedback from people who played to find good choke points and which spots need more cover in larger lines of sight.
And I love the post of my map on ur site dude. Very nice. The description made me want to play it LOL.

Also ill edit my first post my AIM is "randomcreations0" anytime someone wants to get a game going hit me up. If im away Ill be back.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 22:56 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2010 22:57
Looks awesome!

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
wackyracer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 00:18
The gameplay was laggy for me, that shows it's a tad too much! My computer is $3,000 and it has a good graphics card GeForce 8600 GT with PhysX and up-to-date nVidia drivers.

I got 9-14 Frame Rates / sec in it.

The level design is 6.5/10. Everything looks smacked together, not much objects to hide behind. What's with the ladder-to-heaven ? It's a big level, a tad too big, and this is probably one of the reasons I lagged. Make the level just a little smaller ;P.

Oh, and the objects in the map (ammo, guns, etc) respawn WAY too quickly, a guy could collect ammo for 15 seconds he'd have at least 200 shotguns shots, and.. well you can guess the rest.

Needs work. Hope you took my criticism well, didn't mean to be obnoxious in any way.

I hope my criticism has helped.

Sincerely,
wackyracer

Sincerely,
wackyracer
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 07:12
nice level design there but it looks too pixelated you may want to increase your lightmapquality
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 16:21
@soviet176 and dada2020-thanx for the kind comments

I put the lightmapquality down since it was an outdoors level and it wzas already a little laggy for me. Ill be uploading another with some added cover and detail, ill also increase lightmapquality .

NinjaKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 19:22
Looks good, but its taking like a half hour to download.
Maybe host it on a better upload and download site.

-Ninjakiller
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 11:57
Quote: "Looks good, but its taking like a half hour to download"

Half an our to download isn't that long IMO... Euthanasia took like 2 hours or something and it was WELL worth it.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 01:49
I played this with s4real the other day and we kept crashing out to a missing decal error everytime one of us died.

Like wackyracer I too found the ladder to heaven a strange addition, yet funny to climb and jump onto the roofs, then fall to my death passing through the ground

There were a lot of map errors like overlapping meshes causing bad Z-Buffer sorting shimmer etc.
A lot of textures and meshes did not seem to fit together right and felt like they were just there to fill the map up. The texture on the ramped ground (around the market area) was very strange looking and really does not work (for me at least).

It was a nice big map and I never got many slowdowns whilst playing it, even on my cheapass diy PC with 9500GT gfx card etc.

Yet overall it just felt wrong and very haphazard for a MP map.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I agree with NBT and had no lag at all for me.

Also whats with the ladder to heaven?( very strange)

Game just kept crashing when u die,I think this is a PB problem.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 11:18
Hey, been very busy the past few months and havent been able to check this thread. Thanx for crits and suggestions. when i was building the mapi knew the ladder was strange, but this map was supposed to be big for rooftop battles.( I knew i would get ripped for the ladder.) The whole point of having the weapons and ammo spawn so quick was to make sure it was there for when u died.

After reading the thread months ago i had an updated version of the map using ur guys suggestions and crits, but my computer crashed and i lost all my files.

Also, i want to post some of my new maps, but i dont want to create a new thread for each map.Could a mod let me know if it would be ok to start a thread in showcase for all my maps.

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 00:53
Well since no one else said anything... I believe that would be fine as long as you kept editing the first post instead of bumping every time you make a new game and as long as every game follows the proper format.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2011 14:45
why not? just do it

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My computer is $3,000 and it has a good graphics card GeForce 8600 GT with PhysX and up-to-date nVidia drivers.

I got 9-14 Frame Rates / sec in it."

I don't want to sound rude so don't get me wrong,
but my computer was $450 and I have an ATI HD 6850 in it.
I just want to know where you got a $3000 dollar computer
with nothing on the high-end for graphics.

Specs:

CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 - 2.7ghz stock
Mobo- Biostar A880G+
RAM- 2 X 2 GB
GFX- ATI HD 6850

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 04:28
anyone wanna play with me?

"Hey everyone, I love you." jk

Login to post a reply