Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] question for indi

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 13:59
Here it goes:
(of course just anybody can response on this if he feels to have some knoweledge about subject)

Quote: "I would have one question for you indi:
I work on random terain generator and I have problems with texture smoothing when I use filtering flag in set matrix command when set to 2 its showing texture smoothed but borders of tiles are shoving pixel color from neighbour tilles (my texture is tilled for use of two basic textures with prerendered transitions)..you can see ugly lines (like they call them in DB manual) making network on my matrix.

When I use mim maping its even worse ...lines go thicker as they are more away from camera.

There is command matrix trim which should deal with it but eighter I am using it wrong or its bugged. My texture is prepared in 4x4 tilles so trim sett to 0.25,0.25 sets trim to normal. Trim 0.24,0.24 should deal with ugly lines and it realy is but it mirror my tilles in both x and z dimensions making my prerendered transitions useless.

Any help would be welcomed... thanks "
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 14:30
lee sent me this small snippet ages ago when i was having a similar issue.

In my editor I havent had to use the trim commands yet.
my editor is in fullscreen desktop mode. its fine in exclusive as well for the game is in exclusive.

and heres the small sample i made for the test.

http://www.lunarpixel.com/temp/4x4.bmp

Im in 32 bit mode as well, other than that im not sure, it was ages ago, soz m8.

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 15:41
Thanks indi but thats not what I need, I know hove to tile texture and hove to apply it on matrix.

My problem is that when I set matrix to filter texture (I think its linear filtering under flag 2) its smoothing whole texture not individual tilles. Means that it will showe pixel collor of neighbor tille on the side.
Becouse each tille on texture is diferent (in my case there are textures for grass and stone and then possible transitions between them) you can see lines going around tilles on matrix.
If I set no texture filtering than problem is away but at closer look texture is not smoothed so you can see each pixel on it.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 16:03
this is the wrong forum as well to post this in mate.

other than that im not sure as i said before.

arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 17:23
Well I know indi, its not the rightest place to post it but I hope you not gona arrest me for that

Anyway thanks again...
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 02:00
lol puts cuffs around arras hands, come with me son

DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 03:39
lol *looks to his sides and walks away slowly*

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults. I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 12:43
Sh..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:14:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:14:33