Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / mouse move z bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 19:02
I think i found a bug with the mouse move z function
This works:

But this doesn\\\\\\\'t:

The object moves up but it won\\\\\\\'t move down.At first i thought it could be possible that MouseMoveZ() only returns a positive number but then i realised that my object would move up if that was the case.I\\\\\\\'ve already found a workaround but just thought this should be posted.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2010 20:49
MOUSEMOVEZ() (and MOUSEMOVEX() & MOUSEMOVEY()) are cleared when you read them, and updated again at the next SYNC, so if you want to use the value from the function more than once in a frame, you need to store the value in a variable.

Can you let me know whether this is on-target for your problem or not.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
WRIOR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 01:47
Yea that does it guess it wasn't a bug just a noobish mistake on my part sorry.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 16:30
No problem - believe it or not, that was something that tripped me up in the early days too.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:37:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:37:15