Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Looking for testers and feedback on my first game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 04:14
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forumns but have been using dark gdk for awhile now. I'm not that great of a coder but I'm trying to get better. Anyways this is my first game I've ever made. It's a 2d platform shooter called Evil Haven, made with dark gdk. It does'nt really have much of a plot. It's not done quite yet which is of course why I'm putting it in this section. I still have a couple minor things to work out, and I'm going to add sound and a few more levels.

Controls are quite simple, arrows to move, shift to jump, z to shoot, and spacebar to go to the menu screen.

Feedback on what I can work on will be well appreciated! Again, I know its not that great but its my first game so dont be too harsh on the comments

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 18:12
Really good stuff, got stuck on the big smiley face though, but didn't spend that long on it.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 18:23 Edited at: 20th Oct 2010 18:30
Loading time must have taken at least a minute for me. Find out whats making it so slow and fix it.

Img so this dont get locked:

[edit]

Gravity. Fix jump gravity.

The first boss was really impressive, good work.

I also love the cheap homemade graphics, it looks good

Keep in mind that any game you make will be easier for you to play than the players who download it. So that boss may be dead easy for you to kill but i had some major trouble

Also add a healthbar to the boss.

Another thing i like is that the game is actually playable, very few games that are posted here are playable.

51fa1db0ec7c4af52d93a6f5d0e86bc5
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 18:40
Quote: "Another thing i like is that the game is actually playable, very few games that are posted here are playable."

You hurtz mah feelingz...

@Slick Bar

Awesome game! I enjoyed it a lot, but the boss is really hard to beat... Nice work, keep it up!

TheComet

Slick Bar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 18:42 Edited at: 20th Oct 2010 19:22
Quote: "Loading time must have taken at least a minute for me. Find out whats making it so slow and fix it.

"

I'm already looking into it. It could just be that I load images a different way then most people probably do. I dont use the dbLoadImage command, but I will see if i can lower how long it takes to load.
Quote: "Gravity. Fix jump gravity.

"

I'm going to make it so you accelerate when you fall.

Quote: "The first boss was really impressive, good work.

I also love the cheap homemade graphics, it looks good

Another thing i like is that the game is actually playable, very few games that are posted here are playable.

"

Glad you like it

I'll have an updated version in a day or 2 as theres a few things I want to do, thanks for the feedback and continue to give more!

[Edit]
First boss takes 30 hits to kill, but I'll try to make him easier, and I'll add a health bar to my bosses.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 22:54 Edited at: 20th Oct 2010 22:56
Quote: "BTW, I finally cracked the code in your sig. And I can't believe I wasted a day of my time doing so to find those letters "

Oh my god lol, google "md5 decrypter"

Your game is playable too btw.

51fa1db0ec7c4af52d93a6f5d0e86bc5
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Another thing i like is that the game is actually playable, very few games that are posted here are playable."

Hehehe...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:04:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:04:53